“Great Place to Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fruita
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We try to stay at LQ Inns as much as possible, since we have two small dogs. We love LQ Inns because they do not charge for pets.
The hotel was clean and close to Colorado National Monument. The breakfast is pretty basic, no waffles or hot items, just microwavable breakfast sandwiches.
Fruita, CO is a great little town close to Grand Junction where there's more things to do and see.
We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Booked on 8/18/2012. I showed up on my check in date 9/28/2012 to find out that my room was canceled earlier that morning. Not only was it canceled it was canceled by the Manager Chad. Not only was I canceled, so was a family member of mine and several others.
Chad felt the need to cancel since the hotel was overbooked.
Very bad experience. Doubt I will ever stay at this La Quinta much less any La Quinta again.

2  Thank Tammie O
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I would not consider booking at this location due to the terrible service given by Hotel Mgr Chadd. We had our reservation for 2 mths. Bought and paid for in full, we arrived and we were told that the "Internet" cancelled our room. I called the night before to confirm and we still had our room. Mind you we were in town for a surprise 70th birthday party for my dad. After talking to the person at the desk she told us the Chadd had cancelled our room and half the other visitors. We received a copy of our guest activity log and sure enough Chadd cancelled our reservation at 1:46pm we had until 6pm to check in. I would not recommend this hotel in this location to my worst enemy, the complete lack of leadership and professionalism was inexcusable. They just thought we would just go away after they cancelled the booking.. Wrong! Stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Different hotel
3  Thank J S
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 5-night stay in Fruita. We certainly appreciate the friendly service that we received. The hotel is close to everything, including the Colorado National Monument. Staff are very helpful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. We have stayed there many times over the past four years and feel like we are at home. Staff go out of their way to provide us with the specific room that we request, and even held it for us last week when we had a very late arrival time. I would highly recommend this hotel for those persons that want quiet, clean accommodations.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is located on a direct route to the Monument. The hotel was very nice. It was clean
and the beds were very comfortable. The price with a AAA reduction was in our price range.
The staff was helpful and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlm759
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was told the 2 room suite I had reserved 3 months ago was occupied. Was switched to a 1 room suite, but no price reduction. Was told all suites cost the same. Checked online & verified that was total nonsense. Manager was out for a 3-day weekend. Finally got a sufficiently reduced price for my reduced room after three different complaints and arguments. Nice physical property but needs a management type on duty every day. This was during an air show and the place was full - but no on-duty manager.

1  Thank YORKIES-WILL-TRAVEL
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were very disappointed with our stay here. The staff was nice but the room was not very clean. Our first impression of the room was that the carpet had not been vacuumed. We requested new sheets and that was never done so we had to change them ourselves. If I wanted to do laundry, I would have stayed at home. The hotel was extremely noisy with doors slamming at all hours of the day and night. The breakfast was awful and Starvin Arvin's next door had greasy truck stop food so you had to drive out of the area for a good breakfast. We will not stay again.

Room Tip: Check the room before you stay in it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fruita
Comfort Inn Fruita
SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
WoodSpring Suites Grand Junction
WoodSpring Suites Grand Junction
#21 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita? Share your experiences!