“Awesome food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 970-858-9899
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Great food and friendly service. I've been for lunch and you can't miss their philly. We came back for prime rib, but I couldn't resist their salmon. Yum! Luckily, my husband had prime rib and shared against his will! I'm so happy we stopped by and its a part of every Colorado trip we make. You can seatch the world over and will be hard pressed to find a better stop.

1  Thank travelgurl27

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We kept hearing about a great steakhouse west of Grand Junction "near" a feedlot, so we thought we were at the right place. BIG MISTAKE! The beef was not high quality, nor flavorful and the menu descriptions are exagerated. The service was not bad, but nothing special and our server seemed more interested in the table next to us. Our bill for 2 was over $70 and it was not worth half that. We later found out the restaurant we were looking for was the Strayhorn Grill in Loma and ate at it the next weekend - WOW - please read my review on it!

3  Thank franfoulks
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Below average food, terrible service and the owner is so rude I can't believe she is in the hospitality industry. When our food came out wrong the first time and cold the second we asked for a manager and were met by the owner. NOT a good experience and apparently it was our fault our food sat in the window and we received someone elses while our order got cold!! Save your money and read the reviews -- at least the honest ones.

3  Thank paigeturner79
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our fault - we saw the owner (assumed it was) bringing in food from Sam's Club from his truck through the side door.. tons of frozen boxes of processed food? Yikes.
It was bland food, bland service and a forgetful experience. Wait, I remember we paid $37.43 for lunch for two adults and two kids under 4. Not good if this all we remember.

3  Thank slyasafox
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I travel for business, and out of all the meals I've had in the US, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, England, Scotland, China and Taiwan, this meal easily ranks in the top 10.

I got there late on a Monday and was by myself so sat at the bar, so I can't really comment on the overall atmosphere, but it seemed like a nice family restaurant with 2 nice big screen TV's over the ample sized bar. I also can't comment on the menu because I ordered one of the specials of the day, but that meal (Surf and Turf) was excellent.

I forget what kind of steak it was (honestly I only had one beer!), but it was thick, juicy pink (Medium to Medium Rare), tender, and seasoned just right. I didn't even use the steak sauce I'd originally requested. The prawns were equally scruptious, with a light crisp deep fried breading and very fresh on the inside, and were served with very good cocktail sauce. I opted for the sweet-potato fries (other options were regular fries, baked potato, garlic mashed potatoes, or regular mashed potatoes), and they were very fresh and delishious, and finally for the vegetable I had "Grandma's Green Beans" which were cooked with bacon & onions, and were so good I wished I could have met Grandma to tell her so!
The total cost including the great beer on tap was $26.15, which seemed fair to me. If I lived anywhere near here, I'd definitely come back often. Service was great and friendly.

1  Thank G2Jim