“Solid! Great Value”

and 1 more site!
Balanced Rock Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Fruita B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for several nights prior to riding the kokopelli trail in early May. Excellent value and very comfortable. Firm beds, free Internet and super clean. The owners are there and it makes a difference. I normally stay at name brands like Hyatt and Marriott but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommended. Pluses: bike wash station and they allowed us to keep our bikes in the room.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 2quixotictravelers

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Great service and really nice room. Cheap as well. Loved that the owner said the full price at first question (but I guess it's because he's from Europe originally..). Safe and quiet place. Free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Sigrid111
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Driving at 10:00 PM on I70 westbound with bleak Green River UT as the next possible stop I decided to overnight in Fruita. I was not looking forward to paying the going rate at one of the major chains when I noticed a somewhat obscure sign for the Balanced Rock Motel. I gave it a shot. A very nice Polish lady gave me a good price that included tax. The room was large and clean. Just what I needed for 40 winks and an early departure.

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Kiwini
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I happened by chance at the Balanced Rock Motel. I had just had a stroll through Aspen Avenue in Fruita and as soon as I was about to get out of downtown I came across a two story grey building displaying a small sign : MOTEL. At the beginning I was hesitant thinking that a motel not displaying a visible sign has something to hide. I was wrong twice. First because the usual illuminated sign was placed on the front side of the motel, and coming from downtown you see the back first. Second, and that's what matters, because the Balanced Rock Motel proved to be an excellent choice. I was offered a clean room for a very good rate. I was surprised that the rate asked was tax included, something unusual in US but very welcome to people like me coming from Europe where all the prices must be taxes included. My room was equipped with a microwave and a fridge, appliances I always appreciate in my rooms. Both the managers I met when I checked in/out were very kind, polite and professional. Definitly a plus is the location: within walking distance from the main part of downtown and of a good supermarket and right off US 50. The I 70 exit is pretty close as well. There is no breakfast in the morning but guests may get some coffee and pastry in the lobby. It doesn't happen often to find such a quality for such a good rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank d8889
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We did not hear the train mentioned by other reviewers the night we stayed there. Balanced Rock is pretty basic, no frills but we would definately stay here again! We also made reservations and were not given a confirmation number but had no issues with the reservation when we arrived.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gayngar
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel itself is a 4 but the fact that I called and made a reservation over 10 months ahead and again a week before to confirm, yet when we arrived the front desk had no record of a reservation makes me give it a 3. In fairness to the hotel, I was not given a confirmation # and did not request one. I would if I we you! Luckily, we arrived about 5pm and they did have a room but the hotel was full later that evening.

The room itself was very large and clean and pretty comfortable. The beds were firm but not hard (imo) and we slept well. Note to housekeeping; Leave a back up roll of tissue...Please
Owner was friendly and breakfast was basic coffee/danish.

We would stay there again only with a reservation confirmation

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Titustwo
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are the cleanest we have ever seen. Perfect size and convenient to rest. And downtown. Owners live on site and are wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Richard621
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fruita
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita
#2 of 5 in Fruita
Super 8 Fruita
Super 8 Fruita
#2 of 3 in Fruita

Been to Balanced Rock Inn? Share your experiences!