“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fruita
Portland
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

Nicest and Cleanest hotel that I have stayed in, in a very long time. I would definitley recommend this hotel to anyone wheter they are traveling for buisness or pleasure!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Long Island NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Arrived late and very tired, we unloaded baggage and got ready for bed. My wife later discovered a dirty towel on back of bathroom door and realized a used bottle of shampoo not a new onewas provided. Being very tired we went to sleep rather than complain and change rooms. We did not use shower because we felt that the room was not properly attended to.
The next morning when checking out we expressed our disappointment in the room to the front desk lady who made a quick apology. My wife told her that we were unable to use the shower feeling that it was not cleaned properly.
We felt a more sincere apology would have been appropriate, such as " I understand your concern and will make the manager aware of the problem" This is basic customer service 101.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I'm retired and have asthma. I need a clean room. I found it here, There was very little dust but I felt comforable here. The staff was nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
NEW YORK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

After a long day's drive from Southwest Idaho, my wife and I finally reached our stop for the night at the Comfort Inn in Fruita, Colorado located a few (30) miles outside Grand Junction. The Comfort Inn Fruita is located just off highway, near a vistors information /rest area . It is a standard fare Comfort Inn, comfortable bed and clean room, with attentive front desk service at this. Breakfast was standard fare. I would stay here again.

Exhausted by the drive, while pulling into the hotel we noticed that there was a Mexican restaurant adjacent to across from the hotel parking lot. Being pretty tired and not wanting to take a drive around the town looking for a place for supper, we decided to try it. The restaurant is called "El Tapatio." Folks, when it comes to Mexican food, I can either "take it or leave it" if I have any other choice. I have eaten Mexican food at many places here in the USA and many places in Mexico, however the food at "El Tapatio" was one of the best my wife and I have ever eaten. They had a very extensive menu of Mexican dishes - the most I have ever seen in any US mexican restaurant - and the portions were HUGE! Service was excellent, and the Margarita's huge and good. You can't go wrong here. The menus had pictures of the entrees, and described in detail the ingredients of each of them. When staying at the Comfort Inn in Fruita, try this place by all means.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FDNYCAPT
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stopped here as I had a travel coupon. Turns out I didn't need it as the hotel rate was $49.00 without the coupon as well. I was one of only 9 guests this Superbowl evening and so the hotel was quiet! The lady at the front desk was so helpful and friendly - full of information that I found helpful when travelling the next day. Two years previously I'd stayed in the Fruita-GJ area and hotels were hard to come by due to the booming oil & gas industry. Now due to the downturn, hotels such as this one were offering great deals to stay there. I ended up in a King suite that had every ammenity. It was spotless and I had absolutey no complaints about anything at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2008

Front desk staff was so nice that she gave me family suites. I enjoyed watching election results on 32" flat screen TV. I enjoyed healthy breakfast include eggs, oatmeal and orange jucie. Excellent place to stay before going to Moab, Archies Nathional Park. Perfect place on I-70 to relax.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Liked every think
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

We spent one night at this hotel as part of a road trip from Arizona to Colorado. It was superb, great value for money and the staff were very friendly.

• Liked — Convienient location and excellent breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fruita
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction
Hampton Inn Grand Junction
Hampton Inn Grand Junction
#2 of 28 in Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 28 in Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
#7 of 28 in Grand Junction
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction

Been to Comfort Inn Fruita? Share your experiences!