“Best seafood in the area”

Duke of York Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Yorktown
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located inside the Duke of York Hotel on Yorktown Beach, we are Yorktown's longest running restaurant, serving our guests since 1976. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
“Best seafood in the area”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

No atmosphere, WONDERFUL food! Don't be fooled by the 'tourist' restaurants along the dock; this is where the locals go. Diana, our waitress, always does a good job!

Central Virginia
“Consistently yummy!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Duke of York café on several occasions and have never left hungry or disappointed. Very good breakfast. Reasonable. Lovely attentive but non intrusive wait staff, especially Diana S. Thanks we will see you again.

Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful waterfront views and fabulous lobster tails...”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I dine in the Duke of York whenever we want to indulge in the best lobster tails served anywhere! Their huge Australian lobster tails rival the tails that were served during the glory days of the famous Nick's Seafood Pavillion. The tales at The Duke of York are fabulous! As a matter of fact I understand that Duke of York purchased their ovens from Nick's Seafood when that restaurant closed. Jimmy, who at one time prepared the tails for Nick's, actually prepares them for the Duke of York restaurant now. I hope he never retires. The salads are also reminiscent of the big greek salads once served at Nick's. Ask to be seated in Diane's section. She is very pleasant and attentive. You will want for nothing.

Seaford, Virginia
“It's always a taste treat! Nothing routine here!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I have been dining here for almost 10 years and it never gets "old". It consistently proves to be a treat! From seafood to steak, even sandwiches...always perfection! Part of the overall pleasure is directly related to the wait staff. In particular, Ms. Diana Steele. She never "misses a beat" anticipating the needs and wants of the clientele. And, she always has a smile on her face. She really cares that the meal is done to your liking and checks back regularly to make sure you have everything you need. If I could afford to eat here everyday, I would. As far as price goes, you get what you pay for and I would venture to say you will never be disappointed here. Bon appetite!

Yorktown, Virginia
“Good food and service”

God bless you,

Nice location, overlooking the York River. Good food and service. My waitress Diane did a very good job. Thank you all and have a blessed day!

Driver from Yorktown Victory Center