“Fund Raiser Really Great Dinner!”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Yorktown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went to take part in a fund raiser, first time there and really enjoyed dinner. Steaks are selected on your way to your seat. Which was a nice feature. It was cooked what they call the Pittsburgh. Which is nicely grilled on the outside. The last few times I have gotten steaks they did not look that great on the outside. I always get the medium rare. That way they are not over cooked. I had really intended on getting ribs, I don't make ribs as well as someone that specializes in them. but I selected the steak but we got a rib sampler and they where great. I was kind of sorry I didn't get them. Caesar salad and mashed potato. The rolls looked good but were just ok and the cinnamon butter was just to sweet. We all agreed that we enjoy the light yeasty type rolls. Like at Texas Steak House but thats ok I prefer to eat the steak in stead of bread.Thank goodness didn't eat the peanuts. Still was full. Staff was great. We called ahead and had a little wait. But when we came out there was a long line. So call ahead. Looking forward to ribs next time. Tried the fried pickles to salty.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was a rainy night and I didn't want to fight more traffic so I walked across the Courtyard parking lot and tried Texas Roadhouse. We were greeted and told there was a short wait. On our way to the bar we chose our steaks. The bar was busy but the server was attentive. Our drinks were served and were prepared very nicely. The short wait was just that, short. Again, the server was attentive. We completed our food order and when served the food was prepared as ordered; one steak medium rare, one medium! This was a good, friendly restaurant with staff that seemed to genuinely like working there!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've been to many Texas Roadhouse establishments and since it's a chain, those that have been here will know what to expect. Everyone starts with hot rolls with cinnamon butter, and that butter is awesome! You can pick out your own cut on the way in if you would like. We always get the filet mignon 8 oz when we go. On a most recent visit our waiter was very attentive and we didn't have to wait for drinks or food because he was really on top of things, which we appreciate in a busy place like Texas Roadhouse. The manager also checked in with us to be sure we were enjoying our meals and of course, we were. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and our sides were tasty. I always get their chili as a side because their chili is fantastic! The only reason that I can't give it five stars is that it is super loud in this restaurant, so it's not necessarily the best place to go if you want to unwind at the end of your day. However, with tasty steaks and great service, that certainly won't stop us from going again and again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you like steaks, this is the place for you! Great steaks, nice bar area. Have one of their many appetizers while waiting for your meal, or just some of the peanuts from the bucket of peanuts on your table.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The best place for a barbeque take-out meal for a family. Even large orders are always correct and the over the phone service as well as pick up service is fantastic. This restaurant's location is always crowded, but they have a nice waiting area for takeout orders and those waiting for tables. I always get their PRIME RIB if they still have it available, be sure to check before ordering! It does tend to run out fast. By far, the more tender and juicy prime rib with au jus to dip. I also order sides of sauteed onions and mushrooms, and their roasted, large chunk-cut mushrooms are to die for.
And ohhh my god, I could live off the warm rolls and cinnamon butter. My boyfriend had the combo of ribs and pulled pork, and the babybacks were so tender they just fell off the bone, and a LOADED sweet potato; his meal was perfect. A bit expensive since this is such a rare treat, but always such a delight. Amazing food and amazing service! We will return soon. (I wish I had taken pictures of our takeout order, it was fit for a king!)