“Uncomfortable”

Carrot Tree Kitchens
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Yorktown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Salads, wraps, BBQ, and of course, CARROT CAKE!
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been to this restaurant before and found it quaint and pleasant. However, my last trip there I was alarmed by a man in charge who was abusive to some guests as well as workers. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible but did not want to put the server in a bad position. Food is not worth the creepy guy who I believe was the owner as well as manager.

4  Thank M C O

Reviewed November 22, 2012

It was cloudy,damp, and cold on our Florida bones when we were up here for Thanksgiving week. The Carrot tree served delicious, hot apple cider to warm me up. As for lunch , I decided on the crab rarebit on toast. It was filling, hot and delicious. A good value for the money as well. The experience of eating Ina historic house made it even better! You might want to hurry and go- due to some federal budget cuts, some of the stores and sights may not be able to continue- and what a shame that will be!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a wonderful lunch at this converted colonial house. Beautiful garden view and excellent food. They had the best potato salad I have ever had. My waitress was very friendly and the window sills had stacks of books on local subjects. Tasty sandwich and good beer; just what a traveler needs.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by the Segway tour guide and we were not disappointed. Get the lunch specials, fruit, salad, soup and 1/2 a sandwich, and dessert for 15 each! It was great, tomato basil soup was wonderful and the Jefferson sandwich was very filling and tasty.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We just had our wedding dinner at this restaurant in Yorktown. The food is wonderful and the service was extremely helpful and friendly from the initial planning and throughout the event.
It's situated in a very historic and beautiful building which adds to it's charm.