“Traveler beware- Desk manager is a crook and a liar and will pretend not to speak english if a credit is owed.”

Red Roof Inn Yorktown
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I made an advance reservation for 5 days and i was billed for full 5 day reservation upon check-in. i thought this was odd, but now have learned that this was an unscrupulous tactic that the manager (Sunni) uses to bilk his guests out of money. i checked out two days early and have been battling with Days inn for more than 2 months to get my refund of $140.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We chose this hotel because they allow pets, however, our dog died 2 weeks before our trip. So on Oct 4th (per my phone bill records) I called and cancelled. When I asked for a cancellation number I was told I didn't need one. Two weeks later they billed for two rooms. I have made two calls to this hotel to try to work this out but the manager just now told me "I don't care what you do". No refund.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn over July 4th while visiting family, well we wish we had not! The service was absolutely horrible, we had two adults and two children in the room, you think they would give us four towels? We stayed for three nights every day after our room was cleaned we had to go ask for another set of towels, which NEVER appeared. The towels that we were left in the room you had to wonder if they were clean, they were so thin and stained. Sheets had burn holes in them from someone smoking. Breakfast was horrible, well I guess it is good if you like coffee you can see through or orange juice that is so watered down it is not even orange. I absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I called to make a reservation with Sunny. An hour later I had to cancel due to business needs. Sunny told me I would be charged for the stay. He said if I had a complaint, I should tell the manager. He also told me to tell them he had a bad attitude, which was painfully obvious. Days INN corporate can't do anything, as these are independently owned. I will NEVER stay at a Days Inn again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We are retirees and traveled to Yorktown to visit family. The Front Desk Manager or Owner was so rude to us. We have done lots of traveling and have never been so rudely treated. We had a reservation and told the Manager our last name and he would not check us in without a confirmation number. We had to search through our car for the confirmation number and then he agreed to check us in.
We asked him "what is the problem? Is the hotel full?". He replied that "no, the hotel was not full." He gave no explanation for why he needed the confirmation #. He did not even look in the computer for our reservation by our last name.
The breakfast food was terrible. The orange juice was watery and the pastries were old. The selection of food was limited.
Do not stay here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
comfortva640, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Yorktown, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
On behalf of the old hotel management, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.Now hotel is operated under New band Comfort Inn and management .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us Comfort Inn Yorktown, so that we can have chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Gm
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Not recommended. Front desk was never staffed (had to ring the bell to get their attention). My room was ok, but the people that I was traveling with had a terrible experience. Room wasn't cleaned when they walked in. When they told the front desk, the response was "We're full, so take it or leave it". I wouldn't have used their towels to wash my car, let alone my body! My rags are better than their towels. Fortunately, I only stayed 2 nights.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Gm
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Large clean room. Great price on our two labs. Wish we had time to enjoy the beautiful pool and fitness room. Only complaint was that you could hear through the walls. Breakfast was just the basics. For what we needed it fit the bill and couldn't beat the price. Quick drive to the Old Town.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#9 of 38 in Newport News

Been to Red Roof Inn Yorktown? Share your experiences!