Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown
$80
Courtyard
$65
$47
Candlewood Suites Newport News(Yorktown)(Great Value!)
$295
$160
Priceline
Crown Inn(Yorktown)
$76
  • Free Internet
Fort Eustis Inn(Newport News)
$60
$129
$58
$129
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnon smokingoh yearecommend this hotelgreat customer servicethe general managernice staychristypetsmokyrates
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I had the worst day, my car broke down my son had a bad asthma attack and we were caught tin the rain!
I had googled a close hotel and found comfort inn I had spoken to the GM Judy and told her we were stuck a few miles north and she sent a staff member to pick us up!!
I had told her my son was sick and when we arrived she had the room ready and the heat on to warm him up! she even offered to take me to the ER if he did not get better!! it was 10pm when I arrived and when I woke up the GM was right in the dinning area greeting the guest and bighting up the start of every body's day!!
you rarely see management involved or even present so early in the A.M hours!!
Check in was done in 3 mins !! breakfast was awesome!! and the whole staff from management to the front desk and house keeping was awesome! this team rocks and I hope that this small hotel becomes the heart of Yorktown!!
ask for JUDY! SHE WONT DISSAPPOINT YOU!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank brenda L
Prashant P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2014

Property CHI
GM
COMFORT INN YORK TOWN

Reviewed March 3, 2014

In spite of reading a number of bad reviews of this motel, my wife and I decided to stay there for four nights during February 2014. We were both very satisfied with our choice!!! The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room and its contents were clean and well-maintained. I don't doubt the veracity of the bad reviews, but the motel now has new management and not one of the complaints in the bad reviews is now applicable. This is truly a desirable and economical place to stay if you are visiting the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Hampton/Newport News area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jack W
comfortva640, Manager at Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Jack W:

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise about your stay.

We have gone through a flag change and management change and we are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Inn in Yorktown, VA.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit!

Suraj Barodia

Comfort Inn Yorktown
4531 George Washington Memorial Hwy.
Yorktown, VA 23692
P: (757)283-1111
F: (757)283-1112

gm.va640@choicehotels.com

Reviewed July 3, 2013

spent 4 nights in this hotel. Not great not horrible. Lost power due to storm not the fault of the hotel. The rooms were pretty good and clean at check in. I opted to have no housekeeping except for just clean towels once a day. On the day of check out , while wheeling my cart full of luggage out of the room, I said to the cleaning lady "Good bye"...she said to me..tip pleases..tip pleases..I stopped in my tracks. What? She said 5 dollars tip for room. I was floored!! Went up to the front desk and asked the person there, " do your staff always ask for tips" his response was No not always............

Room Tip: The location is good..hotel is average on any good day..wish I could do a better rating but the cleaning staff asking for a tip is sick
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Well this review is a overall screw job by Days inn.
Had made reservations in Yorktown Va at the Days inn a month ahead of my trip and made the reservation through their website.
Well when I get there its no longer a Days inn its another hotel chain.
Well talking to the hotel manager and getting me in touch with Days inn customer care they could not find my reservation and no one ever emailed me or called me to tell me.
Days inn was not helpful and said they have not had a hotel there since the beginning of the year.
If so why was I able to book it then.
I had to go to another hotel and cost me an extra 100.
Never will I do Days inn and will never recommend them to anyone.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank James G
comfortva640, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

On behalf of the old hotel management, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.Now hotel is operated under New band Comfort Inn and management .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us Comfort Inn Yorktown, so that we can have chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Gm

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Now, they are doing MINOR rennovation work, so expect to see the room numbers sitting on the floor next to the doors, and the sign outside is covered up at the moment, but I have stayed here on numerous occasions and every time has been wonderful. The staff is quite friendly, even going so far as to tell me "use my name when you order your pizza and they'll give you 20% off the bill". Its a family run business, so if you enter and nobody is at the counter just hang for a minute, they'll be along and they'll be friendly.

Always clean rooms, well decorated and maintained. This place is great. Don't pass it up just because the sign out front is being worked on.

Puts you close to many restaraunts and within 10 minutes of the interstate. Try it, youll like it!

Room Tip: I always prefer above ground floor when available, because of the possibility of noisy guests entering or leaving through the lobby. That applies to all hotels.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple