Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown
$99
TownePlace Suites
$98
$76
Candlewood Suites Newport News(Yorktown)(Great Value!)
$77
CandlewoodSuites
$60
$43
Crown Inn(Yorktown)
$76
  • Free Internet
Fort Eustis Inn(Newport News)
$52
$49
Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis(Newport News)(Great Value!)
$72
$50
$72
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnon smokingoh yearecommend this hotelgreat customer servicethe general managernice staychristypetsmokyrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Manager was very nice and was very friendly. Breakfast was adequate and the breakfast area was clean. I would stay here again. Its a great value for the cost!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
comfortva640, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Newport News - Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

On behalf of the old hotel management, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.Now hotel is operated under New band Comfort Inn and management .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us Comfort Inn Yorktown, so that we can have chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose this facility for its convience to area family and nearby US Army base. We found the staff accessible, kind, courteous, and accomodating to us & to our dog. The rooms were clean, beds very comfortable and plenty of clean towels & bedding. Even with road construction, it was very quiet. The pool looked clean- didn't get to use it. Sadly, the elevator had a heavy cigarette smell & the "breakfast" left a lot to be desired. But there are loads of eateries nearby & even within walking distance--Starbucks! will stay there again & recommend it to others.

Room Tip: we spoke to the facility in advance that we were bringing our dog & they found us a room near the elevator to accomodate us (the 1st floor was being remodeled).
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I come to the Newport News/Yorktown area twice a year to visit family. Each time I come I shop around for the best rates. I got a good rate at this hotel so I chose to stay there. I stayed there once before in 2009 and my opinion is about the same.

Pros: The room was reasonably clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a good location for me (just off of Rt.17/George Washington Memorial Highway), close to Yorktown and Newport News. It had a small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. I had a large corner room (room #300) on the top floor. There was not a room directly adjacent to me so, except for the traffic sounds, there was no audible noise from other guests.

Cons: Front desk service is virtually non-existent. During the 5 nights I was there I never saw anyone there. Every time you need anything you must ring a bell and they (slowly) emerge from the back. Upon check-in, a woman came from the back wearing what appeared to be pajamas (mind you, this was 3 PM). She was cordial - not especially friendly - and after a very slow process, checked me in. There were some housekeeping problems. One of the pillowcases had some ugly moldy-looking stains on it. I left it out (with a note to please change it) for housekeeping. When I came back it had been changed. The towels were flimsy, stained and scratchy. Good thing I was traveling alone because there were only two. I found out after a few days that the only way to get in-room coffee replaced was to leave a tip with a note. You will want to do this because the coffee in the lobby is terrible. There is a sign saying "Folgers" on the machine. They may use Folgers but it is clearly watered-down and extremely weak. I didn't even drink the cup I got. Good thing there is a Starbucks one block away. The hotel security is astonishingly poor. As I stated earlier, there is usually no one at the front desk, yet the front door was hanging open at all hours of the day and night. I got in one night at 11 PM and the door was open. The side door outside the stairwell was also open on a few occasions. Anyone could simply stroll in here; not a good thing. The deadbolt on my room door did not fit properly into the hole, so I had to press really firmly on the door just to get it to engage. There was a wad of chewing gum on the carpet in the stairwell that was never cleaned up the entire week I was there. There is also an ashtray/garbage can outside the main entrance that piled up with trash, pizza boxes, etc. that also was never cleaned. Maybe the woman in her pajamas should go outside and empty it every once in a while. Oh, and the internet service is awful. When I checked in, I specifically asked for a room with a strong internet signal. This room is almost directly above the main entrance, yet the best wireless signal I could get was "fair" and I got knocked offline on several occasions when the signal failed.

If I had a choice, I would likely not stay here again unless the price was unbeatable. There are too many other lodging choices in the area. The hotel itself isn't too bad but the resident staff clearly doesn't care about the appearance or condition.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I went here when I lost power during hurricane Irene. There was a very strong smell of cleaning products and I found one bug in my bed that was neither a tick nor a bedbug. The pool was not open, maybe due to the hurricane. It was OK; I slept OK, it seemed clean (despite the bug), and the TV worked.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our family went to a funeral in the Hamton, VA area on Saturaday. We stayed in the Days Inn Yorktown, VA and this place was just like a self-service motel. In the 24 hours we were there we saw one person at the desk for just about 5 minutes.
Our family would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family