“Great lunch with a river view ”

Riverwalk Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: A Yorktown trolley stops directly in from of the restaurant. The bus from Williamsburg stops a half mile from the restaurant. (Seasonal)
Description: Open in May of 2005, Riverwalk Restaurant is located in Riverwalk Landing, a shopping and dining destination just a short walk from Yorktown's historic Main Street, the battlefields, and the Yorktown Victory Center. We offer free parking in the covered parking deck, or come by boat and stay for the day or days at the fully-equipped marina. The riverfront Restaurant at lunch and dinner serves fresh seafood, beef and poultry. Voted #1 in the Daily Press Reader's Choice poll for BEST PLACE TO HAVE SUNDAY BRUNCH!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice restaurant with a view of the river. We both got sandwiches and they were delicious! I got the crab melt sandwich and ate it all before I remembered to take a picture.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (880)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

We had a very attentive server and the food was beautifully presented! Lobster Roll was how I remembered it from the past!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

There is nothing better than kicking back with a meal beside a body of water. After a relaxing sail on the river we opted for a late lunch at Riverwalk. It is more elegant than its sister restaurant next door which is more of a pub. Wanting a crab cake, I took the waiters suggestion and ordered the crab melt sandwich. It was very good, however I thought it was better without the bacon, the bacon was delicious by itself. Since my husband wanted to split the meal so we could try something else, we selected the lobster roll which was a bit disappointing.

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Upon stumbling upon this area, we decided to stop for dinner given the nice weather and water front location. Honestly the next door restaurant was our first choice but there was a 45 minute wait so we walked over to Riverwalk where there was no wait. This was the first red flag. Why would two adjacent venues have different crowds- Riverwalk has no wait, adjacent restaurant 45 minute wait.

Pros:
Water view
Full bar offering both mocktails and cocktails
Bread service
Calamari
Exfoliating station in bathroom

Cons:
-Restaurant smelled of spoiled seafood upon entering dining space
-Waitress not very knowledge of food preparation which is odd for fine dining (ie. Would say vague things like made with spices); descriptors and details are key when answering questions on food preparation
-We were advised that bread service came after soup serving however the table seated across from us received bread as soon as they were seated; once again conflicting details

I ordered the salmon entree which was the only non fried option. Salmon is normally the safe fresh fish choice when visiting a restaurant for the first time however this was the worst salmon I’ve ever had. It was advertised as a bourbon glazed salmon with peanuts. This was accurate but the flavor combinations were disgusting. The salmon glaze tasted rancid on top of a bed of instant over cooked jasmine rice garnished with crushed peanuts and plated with roasted tomatoes. There were just too many uncomplimentary flavors.

My companion ordered the fried seafood platter which was not memorable either.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Had Sunday Brunch. Our waitress, Anna, was friendly and attentive. Eggs are made to order. The brunch items consisted of bacon, sausage patties, ham, corned beef hash, quiche, steak, salmon, chicken salad, yogurt parfait, peanut soup to name just a few. The peanut soup to me was the best item. I had eggs Benedict, which was lack luster as the Hollandaise sauce was flat and had no flavor.

Date of visit: August 2019