“Good Food and Great Views”
Review of Yorktown Pub

Yorktown Pub
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Yorktown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Gloucester, Virginia
“Good Food and Great Views”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visit historical Yorktown and stop in for a nice lunch or dinner. The Pub overlooks the York River, so you have a wonderful view. If your going to be at the beach, stop by the pub for lunch.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Korky62

Yorktown, Virginia
“Beware of hot water scalding in bathroom sinks!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ok, I am local and I visit the Yorktown Pub every few months. To be perfectly honest, I like the place. The food and service are fine, the atmosphere unique, and the view of the surrounding area, just wonderful. And I will continue to go back again and again.

My only message here is that you need to beware of hot scalding water in the bathroom sinks. If you have a child, or elderly family member that will use the bathrooms, make sure and warn them. Average adults will notice the hot scalding water as soon as your hands touch it and react but the younger and older amongst us may not react the same and very well may be injured.

And keep in mind I am not just describing hot water, or very hot water, I am talking scalding hot water that comes from the bathroom sinks when you wash your hands.

1 Thank CSZY67
Bitburg, Germany
“Great food in a nice area”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is not fancy, pretentious 5 star dining. It's a Pub. A small one with good, affordable food, beer on tap. If you're looking for a good meal, a cold beer, a nice view and you're sick of going to chain restaurants give this place a try. When you're done go for a walk on the historical river beach. Take a look at the bridge (maybe at night) and think of all the money you probably saved.

I had the crab cake dinner with my wife. We had to ask the waitress how big the crab cakes were and she recommended getting the half-portion--great idea. They were huge and with the soup and fries I really doubt I could have finished 2.

They have live music on some days and open mic one day a week. Just remember: It's a PUB. Manage your expectations and you'll do well here.

1 Thank Hector R
So California
“Need lessons in customer service”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This pub was highly recommended by the locals. My family and I arrived on a cold rainy day. The waitress was a young girl who was the nastiest and most unfriendliest server I have ever had. No greeting, no smile...tried to make conversation and she wasn't having any. Food was good, spirits were good but service sucked. I'm from the west coast and will never come to this place again.

3 Thank anteatr
Atlanta, Georgia
“It is bar food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I love this place when the kitchen is having a good day but have had some less than excellent meals. Think fried, especially the shrimp. Limited fin fish selections. Burgers are great. We keep going back. Service is always excellent. You need to like beer not wine, but it is a pub after all.

1 Thank Dean-ATL-USA