“Best BBQ and corn bread in Hampton Roads”
Review of County Grill

County Grill
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Yorktown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

LOVE this place! The corn bread is amazing. The brisket is tasty with 6-8 BBQ sauces available to suit any taste.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The BBQ at this place is mighty delicious. I tend to come here whenever something big happens in D.C. or the Fourth of July. This place is also good enough for any federal holiday or even 9/11. I could dine here again on the first day of next Aug because of Ft. McHenry getting a quarter in the late summer of 2013 (Perry's Victory in OH is getting a quarter as well, only in the late spring).

Reviewed November 6, 2012

While visiting the Williamsburg area, we made a detour to check out the County Grill. We were very happy with our visit. The ribs (Half Louis) were the best I've ever eaten: moist, tender, with a delicious outside crust and rub. The blackened tuna was very good. All four of our vegetable choices stood out: collard greens, mixed smoke vegetables, cole slaw, and fries. The Legend Lager beer was fine and reasonably priced at $3.00/10 oz. Coffee was also excellent.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wow, where to begin. First things first - I really like the County Grill and will continue to stop in from time-to-time to enjoy some fine pulled pork BBQ. Speaking of pulled pork BBQ the most recent time we stopped in for dinner the waiter reported that they were actually out of pulled pork BBQ. We though he was joking but he really was serious. Now this has never been the case before and it is my guess that this was a one time deal but I felt it was important to mention since we showed up for pulled pork BBQ and there was none to be had, lol!

Now one darn good reason to stop by are their country rolls and sweet butter - talk about melt in your mouth!!! I never order an appetizer at County Grill for two reasons - the warm rolls provided before the meal, and the meals themselves are pretty hefty. One complaint I do have is the fact that only Pepsi products are served here and I am a Coke kinda guy - just letting you know.

Lunch plates are usually just under $10 and dinner plates are a few bucks over $10. I like the overall atmosphere and even though the restaurant is adjacent to a bar where alcohol is served it has never bothered me a single bit and I can be pretty picky at times. One thing I do not enjoy is the small and stuffy area used to check guests in where you end up waiting, and shuffling, and squeezing, etc.

In my opinion I would suggest that you stop by County Grill and check it out for yourself - you will enjoy a fair meal at a fair price.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was delicious and plentiful. We all took home doggie bags. Our waiter was very polite and took care of our every need, without bothering us every couple of minutes....