“LUNCH BUFFET IS REALLY GOOD”

Cinco DE Mayo Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 94 Restaurants in Yorktown
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 23, 2012

my wife and I lived a stones throw from this place about ten plus years ago and we've been back several times since then. Their lunch buffet is great - with homemade guacamole!! As for those who reviewed it earlier - how hot would you expect food on a buffet to be? There are a few different hot sauces available to spice it up how spicy you like it. Never eaten here except for lunch and never a complaint from either of us. Last visited Friday last week - our son who is now in the Navy loves Mexican food and once he spiced it up he was fine... this is the guy who likes wasabi straight up on sushi.... so in short what I am saying is that the food is as spicy as you make it when you get the buffet...they can't please everyone so they give you the hot sauces to add your zip... used to be family owned too when we lived here... not sure now. The staff is always friendly and attentive and usually it's one of the owners at the register asking you if everything was alright.

1  Thank Jay M

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We're regulars here, and so you can infer we like it. Don't let the humble storefront fool you. This is a place with lots of repeat business...and for good reason.

Cinco De Mayo is vastly superior to the nearby Mexican competitors, particularly the one with several restaurants in the Tidewater area. The food is individually prepared (no freezer/mass produced fare). Even with some modest (recent) price increases, it is still a great value.

Service is super speedy, yet you can stick around if you'd like.

Be sure to get the pico de gallo...very, very fresh and much better than salsa.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I absolutely love Cinco De Mayo. I have traveled all over the world and have never felt so at home at another restaurant. The place is super casual and the people are very nice. The food itself is great if you know what to order. Favorites in my family are the chicken soup, chicken or bean nachos, fajita taco salad, and the buffet. The drinks are good and cheap. I've heard people complain that their food isn't spicy enough, but Cinco de Mayo caters to the masses. If you want you food to be spicy, just ask -- they are very accommodating.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Excellent lunch buffet, everything is really good.

2  Thank foodsnob1O1
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Meet was bland..hotest hot sauce wasn't even spicy, my kidscould eat it with no problem...would not go here again!