“Great food”

Cuisines: American
Newport News, VA
“Great food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great food. We had the country fried steak...crispy and tender. The same can be said for the fried green tomatoes. They serve mimosas and bloody Mary's. It is busy but worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013

Yorktown, Virginia
“We enjoyed it, but get there early”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is a short distance from the house but we've never made it there until this weekend. Not a big place and we waited a few minutes for a table at 9:30 am on a Sunday so we had time to look over the menu. Both the Wife and I have dairy issues and were pleased to find out that they allow substitutions. The country-fried steak that I got was not on the menu but was listed on the specials board instead. Got grits instead of eggs and received enough food for two meals. The steak was good, solid comfort food. Gravy was creamy, tasty and NOT salty. Home fries were big slices of potato fried just right with onions. Wife was going for sides only until Jamie our waitress recommended that she get the ham skillet and swap out eggs for more home fries (which worked out cheaper for us.) She got a generous portion of ham, which was also not salty, and a pile of potatoes, most of which came home with us. Good sweet tea. We'll be going back but seriously, if you are hungry get there early.

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Superb French Toast!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Coming from Portland, Oregon, where breakfast is almost as important to the people as craft beer, I found the breakfast served here to be a pleasant, enjoyable surprise. It was a welcome respite from the plethora of Waffle Houses that litter this area.

The French Toast platter was excellent, except for the sausage. I have been to the restaurant twice. Each time I got the French Toast (there wasn't anything extraordinary, such as, Eggs Benedict). The first time, with bacon. The second, with sausage. I know they sale better sausage in Costco, which is where they buy their sweetener, than the patty sausage they served. The sausage was mediocre, at best.

Overall, the restaurant was great!

• Visited June 2013
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“We were disappointed”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We must have come to dine at a bad time. The restaurant was not very busy. We ordered two breakfast skillets. The eggs were overcooked and hard. The home style potatoes were very overcooked and were swimming in grease plus they were cold. The biscuit was warm but tasted like it had been setting around too long.
We ate at Food Craft about a year ago and everything was great. Looks like it has gone down hill since then. We will not go back.

• Visited May 2013
“Meh... Not what I expected from all the hype.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Several people told me to check this place out, so I finally went. The food was good, but nothing special & was very overpriced. I don't mind paying me for well planned chef cooked meals, but this was basic breakfast fare I could make it all at home, there was nothing special about it. I could also go to any other breakfast place & pay half as much for the same food. I felt rushed as soon as we got there. There was a long line that was lined up inside the dining area so the people waiting were staring at the people seated & eating only a few feet away. It was awkward so I tried not to look at people while we waited. Once we were seated it was worse because I could see & feel them all looking at me wondering how long we'd be there. I felt like I couldn't even chat with my husband over breakfast because people were staring daggers at us for just sitting there. I won't be back.

• Visited May 2013