“MOLD SPORES”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Raleigh, North Carolina
“MOLD SPORES”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you value your health you would not want to stay here. No lights worked, no appliances worked. Mold spores were everywhere. Horrible staff. A real dump and trust me when i say this the owners are criminals. They called a cab for me and the entire trip i was being harrassed by the cab driver. i am still being called by him and i have been gone for a month. i woke up one morning and found the owners cab driver friend peeking into my car windows. i asked what he was doing and he said seeing what kind of music you guys listen to.............. Very Scary experience and overall glad to be home. This place ruined my vacation all i wanted to do was leave so we did.

Room Tip: dont pick this one
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Honesttraveler2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Thank god we only stayed two days! Room was in horrible condition. Light cords were frayed and even one of the wall lights plug was broken off making the light inoperable. Bathroom fixtures were broken or missing. Non smoking room??? The blankets had cigarette burns in them!!! TV was broke, and the continental breakfast was a joke!! I think I've said enough!!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rking82654
Richmond, VA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Looks nice from the outside but inside is different. Our carpet was damp in front of the bed. No one was ever at the front desk, took over 5 mins for the person to show up when we checked in. Room was clean but linens are badly needing replacing. Towels were so badly stained that we went and got our own towels at the store to use. They also smelled like coffee to me. Sheets need replacing as well as bed spread (had cigarette burns in it). Blanket should be thrown out. Breakfast was a joke. Glad I got some stuff at 7-11 for breakfast. My husband couldn't wait to check out this morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank edolphs
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very good value. Staff was very friendly and helpful! The room met my needs perfectly. Would stay there again.I am often traveling in the area and always stay there. Very close to colonial parkway and other tourist sites .

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank cragland3
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This motel is horrible. First, there was a Water Moccasin on the sidewalk in front of our door. The owner barely shrugged when we reported it. He must've been distracted by his children, who were swimming in the "pool" with no clothes on! Our key card never worked, and was never fixed. Worst of all, when we got home, we found we'd been double-charged. Six months later and they STILL refuse to refund the incorrect charge. This place borders on criminal, and we are turning the matter over to the authorities. Do yourself a favor: DO NOT stay at Yorktown Motor Lodge!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Onee L
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We travel a lot for business, so it's almost weekly that we are staying in hotels. The Yorktown Motor Lodge is, by far, the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The person making the reservations was hard to communicate with on the phone. The rooms were dirty, with stained towels and sheets. The towels were paper thin. In one of our rooms, it only had one working light fixture. There was no shampoo, and you have to pay for ice. Bags of trash sat in front of the rooms for three days. We wanted coffee at 7 a.m., but it was locked tight. We tried again at 8, and there was still nobody there. We will never, ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Christine H
Mandan, North Dakota
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
My list of issues:
I booked a nonsmoking room and I got a smoking room. You could of fell over when you opened up the door to the room. We had to buy air fresheners, air freshener spray and Lysol.
You walk into the lobby and you could smell the mold already.
The rooms were beyond filthy.
I do not know how you guys can even pass inspections to be open has a motel and not put people’s lives at risk.
The blanket (not the comforter) was filthy. It has black stuff all over it. Like boot kiwi and peoples hair all over it. It was discussing.
The pillows have not been changed out in years. Spit stains all over them.
The king size bed, the bottom mattress wasn’t even in or on the frame right. The top mattress was not a king size and the mattress looked a million years old.
The bedding was nasty.
The first day we left for the day came back and all room service did was make the bed. Did not change the bed but just made it. Did not even take the cup that I drank half of my coffee from. It was still sitting on top the microwave. Did not replenish the coffee so I had to buy everything myself to have my own coffee and the gentleman was right in one of your many nasty reviews that your coffee is beyond tasting bad.
The towels have stains on them. Do not look clean.
The bathroom had a big old bug killed on one of the walls in the shower. The tub was beyond disgusting. You had to hurry up and take your shower because the tub would fill up.
So the next day before we left I made sure to strip the beds and put the bedding on the floor and all the towels.
Came back at the end of the day. Bed was made. Checked the sheets and there was blood stains on them.
The inside frame to our bathroom the bottom part of it looks like termites got after both sides of them.
No pets allowed unless people have disabilities. I seen more dogs there then in an animal shelter.
No alarm clock like the amenities states.
All the lamps were not plugged in. When we get them plugged in after thinking I could of electrocuted myself before the outlet and cord looked unsafe as hell either it did not work the bulb or it did not have a bulb in it.
Where were the vending machines?
The one room we had the TV remote the battery cover was missing and you could not hit a certain channel and you could only go up on channels and not down.
The other room we had you had to get up to shut the TV off.
The smoking room was missing the write up in the back of the door.
The chairs and floor and bed rests and walls and pictures were nasty and stained.
The a/c and heater was bet up. And the screen was all ate up and just laying on it.
I could go on and on and on. Just unbelievable filth.
Location next to a busy highway.
I may just look up the standards for VA and shut you guys down. Non safe.

Room Tip: Check out the star ratings and please read the reveiws before you choice a hotel. No tips for the ho...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank r11100268
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
Red Roof Inn Yorktown
#6 of 8 in Yorktown
Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
Comfort Inn Newport News/Williamsburg East
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown

Been to Yorktown Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!