I was put up at the Candlewood Suites by my company for multiple weeks while training for a new position. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was your basic Candlewood Suites room with an efficiency kitchen sharing one large room with your bed and living area - no separate bedroom. It was clean and smelled fresh.
Free coffee that was pretty darn good in the pantry near the front desk. No breakfast (but there is a Chick-fil-a within walking distance). Free laundry too, just bring your own soap.
Only issue, and it was at no fault of the hotel: On one of the days I was there, when I pulled into the hotel I was on the phone with a coworker and carrying groceries. I left my car unlocked - something I NEVER do! Completely my fault. My GPS, a pair of cheap sunglasses, and my Sunpass (Florida's answer to the EZ Pass) were stolen out of my car. The joke was on the thief though - my GPS wasn't really working properly and I reported my Sunpass stolen... so good luck with that :-) When I reported it to the hotel, they made sure to review the security footage to make sure it wasn't an employee or hotel guest. Unfortunately it was neither. Random truck pulled up in the wee hours of the morning and a guy checked every car to see if it was unlocked. Oh well. Bottom line - lock your car. This isn't an unsafe area, I felt safe and comfortable the entire time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consider Us Home @ the Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel Newport News -Yorktown - Hampton Roads Area, VA. The Candlewood Yorktown Newport News hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn & Staybridge Suites Hotels. Specializing in your extended stay experience, the Candlewood Suites hotel is the perfect environment for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary & corporate housing needs.The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located @ exit 256B of I-64, near I-664, minutes from Portsmouth, Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk & Virginia Beach business & real estate districts. Our location offers near access to Ft. Eustis, NASA, Langley AFB, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, SAIC, Northrop Grumman, Newport News Navy Shipyard, Williamsburg, Hampton Coliseum & the Hampton Roads Convention Center. The Candlewood Suites hotel offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio & one-bedroom apartment - like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living & work areas, TV w/DVD players & free wired Internet. Other features include 24 hour business center w/ free Internet, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard w/grills & our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, IHG, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Newport News reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Newport News Hotel Yorktown
- Candlewood Suites Yorktown
- Candlewood Yorktown
- Yorktown Candlewood Suites