“Worst eating experience ever!”
Review of High Tide Bar and Grill - CLOSED

High Tide Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My daughter and I went there last nite for dinner and left with no leftovers and still hungry. We could not eat the food which was terrible. First of all we had to wait for a long period of time, the girls at the front desk plus the airheaded manager who spent time flirting with the guys at the bar were totally confused and spent way too much time trying to find people. The only place to sit was outside in the sun or at the bar. There was no waiting areas so we stood the entire time. Then after being seated we waited a long time before our waiter came, and then waited thirty minutes for our food. My daughter ordered the turkey club which looked awful and tasted worst. The bread was dry and the turkey and ham had a funny taste. The fries looked like they were fried in old oil. My Caribbean cheese steak had no cheese, and was suppose to have refried beans which was a paste on a small section of the bread which was hard and dry. The steak was very dry and tough. I had a salad which was mostly wilted ice berg lettuce. We told the waiter who asked if we wanted something else which we didn't. I looked at the other food being served and nothing looked appealing on their very limited menu. The manager came over and we told her the same thing. She left, then we waited for another twenty minutes for our waiter who served our with the check. I told him I couldn't believe we had to pay for food that we couldn't and didn't eat. He informed us that the manager did give us a 10% discount but it was still 25 dollars. I have lived in different states, countries and travelled in Europe and Asia and this was the worst eating experience. My daugher and I live and work here. We won't be back. The view was awesome, I will go back to the Riverfront restaurant with better food and the same view.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nice location. Pleasant, attentive staff. Great views. The food is pricey but it's one of those times that the phrase "it's this kind of food I don't mind paying good $$$ for!" rings true. It's a lot of food and it's delish! Ordered the $12.95 FIsh & Chips. Tasted great and lots of food. Also, "The Hot Brown" $9.95 This was an enormous amount of food. I couldn't finish it but it was quite tasty.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Yikes! The service is great and the food is terrible. They have an incredibly limited menu. I expected more out of their crab cakes, but I think I might be spoiled since I grew up in Maryland!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Wasn't our first choice in Yorktown but The Riverwalk Restaurant was closed when we got there. Food was pretty good. I think the view was awesome and the service was pleasant. Food was average and prices weren't too bad.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Needed a bite to eat before we hit the Segways and this place hit the spot. We shared an Italian wrap and it was served warm with fries. Absolutely yummy!