“Best Japanese food in the area”

Kero Sushi and Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Yorktown
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hampton Roads
“Best Japanese food in the area”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Top notch sushi and sashimi make this my favorite place. Outstanding soba noodles yield delicious Yaki soba noodle dishes, my wife's favorite dish.

Cleanliness?: Immaculate
Quality?: outstanding
Value?: good
Variety?: extensive menu of sushi and other Japanese appetizers and cooked dishes.
What should I try?: Volcano roll, a cooked roll that is yummy. Also try Gyazo soup - enough for two.

Highly recommend.

1 Thank Whittwicky

Yorktown, Virginia
“Some of the best sushi around”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I are sushi lovers and have eaten sushi across the US. This is by far one of the best we have ever had. The restaurant is small but the food is great. The restaurant is very clean with a very friendly staff. We normally order individual pieces of sushi which are always fresh and tasty. In the past I have tried most of the menu and I have not found anything that wasn't good. If you like Japanese food I suggest you give Kero a try.

• Visited June 2014
Seaford, Virginia
“Pretty good !”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have been looking for a good sushi place ever since Sakura closed on Rt 17 in Grafton. Kero fits the bill although a bit more expensive. I had the seafood Yokasuba and we shared a rainbow roll and a California roll. Not the best I've ever had but way better than the worst! Typical décor for a Japanese sushi place and really quiet, at least when we were there. Service was actually kind of slow with not many people in the restaurant. We'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TGSwanson
Yorktown, Virginia
“Consistently the best”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Kero Sushi is the best sushi in the area, hands-down. The offerings are very fresh, the rolls are inspired, and the other menu items, while standard, take your taste buds to new heights. But the sushi is what keeps me coming back. The shrimp tempura roll is a marvel of crunchiness, and the spicy tuna roll has just the right amount of kick. The mango shrimp roll is a delicious combination of savory and sweet. Really, you can't go wrong here. The décor is somewhat sterile, but who cares when the food is this good? The prices are reasonable, too, and service is fast and efficient. Go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Willoughby, VA
“Simply one of the BEST!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went recently with two friends. Like the decor - this would be a great date night place. Very quiet inside. Great service. They had no problem giving us a discount on each check (2 paid together, I paid separate). A lot of sushi places will say no because you're at one table - I like the fact that they let me have the military discount and honored a mobile coupon discount for my friends. Shows they can sacrifice $3 and get repeat customers vs. being stingy and cheap and losing customers.

I had the crab salad. It was yummy but a little dry. I would've liked to see a little mayo mixed in. The rolls I had were very yummy - I get a spanking because I forgot the names of my rolls and I will figure a way to fix this next time :-) But I ordered a mango shrimp roll which was delicious. My friends had the Kero roll and the volcano which looked great. Service again, was fantastic. My friends go there often for their date night - this is a great spot for a quiet, romantic date.

• Visited September 2013