“clean, quiet and the 1 br suite perfect”

Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“clean, quiet and the 1 br suite perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

stayed for 3 nights with 2 small children. we visited busch gardens and water country usa. the 1 br suite gave us privacy in the evening, you have 2 separate rooms each with a flat screen. 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa if needed. the kitchen has a full frig, microwave and plates, silverware plus a coffee pot.
the breakfast provided is very good, hampton inn style.
they even provide an evening lite meal for 3 nights during mid week.
we truly enjoyed this hotel. this was our first time with this part. chain and we will be using staybridge again.

gary and eliz .
gaithersburg, md

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ricflairnwa
Rebecca W, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Ricfalirnwa,

Thank you for providing us your feedback on your recent experience here at Staybridge! We appreciate your business and loyalty, and we certainly look forward to hosting your next extended stay here in the Yortown area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

My stay was great. There were plenty of amenities available during my stay (breakfast, pool, workout room, business center, etc). The rooms were great. Big room, clean and comfortable felt like home. The staff was truly great helped me at every turn! From when i checked in and through to me checking out. Especially, Angelo one of the front desk managers. He saved me a big headache by going above and beyond to help me print a project. It was great! I would highly recommend staying and have a large amount of respect for the staff here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Hotelstay1,

Thank you for contributing your feedback on your recent experience here at the Staybridge Suites. We appreciate your review, as well as your business and look forward to the possibility of hosting your stay again soon!
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We love Staybridge Suites and have stayed at quite a few over the years. We stayed at this one last summer and did not have any problems so when we decided to visit Busch Gardens this summer it was the logically hotel choice. This time we were not quite as impressed with the service or quality of our visit. All it takes is a few issues to make you start wondering if this is a downward trend or just some isolated issues. Most Staybridge Suites have at least 3 washers and dryers, but there was only 1 washer and 1 dryer that was in working order. The lights in our room were all unplugged when we checked in and two of them didn't work at all when we plugged them in. Behind the bedroom door, we find an earring, and other debris left from a previous guest. There was food left in the refrigerator and a baseball hat under the bed. Simply put this place did not measure up to what we have experienced at other Staybridge suites. The other thing that bothered us was no one was ever at the front desk. You had to ring the bell and wait several minutes for someone to show up. Besides these little annoyances, the rest of our stay was fine. I talked with the Manager during checkout and she explained that a new housekeeping manager was working on getting these types of issues corrected. Not sure if I plan to return and see if any improvements are made.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade to 1 or 2 Bedroom suites.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Jbaker2858,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your genuine feedback on your recent experience here at Staybridge Suites. We pride ourselves in constistantly delivering a 100% satisfactory visit to our guests each and every time they stay with us, and we were very dissapointed that we let you down. I can assure you, however, that we have taken the appropriate measures to correct these inconvienances for all of our future guests and we look forward to the possibility of you being one of them!
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

My 2 sons (ages 13 & 7) and myself, along with my father, stayed at the Staybridge for 6 nights for a National AAU basketball tourney in Hampton. From the time i made my reservations a month in advance, the staff was nothing less than absolutely grand. Angelo, the night shift front desk, was the first person who I spoke with after making my reservations online. I called back about 5 times from the time i reserved my room until check in. The hotel was super clean, hot breakfast buffet is great when you have kids... as was the pool and hot tub.

Mena, the evening front desk, was soooo patient with me when i was calling for directions. He was extremely courteous and understanding... more so than I would've been had i been the desk clerk. Later the first evening of our stay... i spoke to Angelo, as I saw his nametag and he immediately referred to me as Ms._______. He said he could recognize my voice from the phone calls i had placed to the hotel. That was so wonderful.

the dayshift desk clerk, Kelly, was no less wonderful... she was just as fabulous as Angelo and Mena. Everyday she would inquire how our team was competing (as did Angelo) and was so accomodating to any need or whim that I had... and I have a lot!!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone as we are on a traveling AAu team and travel a remendous amount. We have patroned many hotels (as well as myself with my job) from the Embassy Suites, Hampton Inns, Sheratons, Hiltons, etc throughout the country. The customer service at the Staybridge beats all other hotels ... hands down. the next time we are in the Hampton, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Newport News area, this will DEFINATELY be the place we stay.

2 Thank RisingStarHoopMom
Dear XplosionHoopMom,

Thank you for writing such a generous review! We appreciate your business and look forward to the possibility of hosting you & your sons stay again when you come back to the Yorktown VA area!
Queens, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

My family (6 of us....4 adults, 1 teen, 1child) stayed at the Staybridge Suites for the 4th of July weekend. Actually it was for a total of 6 days. This was our first time at a Staybridge but certainly not our last. It was great. We had a 2 bedroom suite. Each bedroom had it's on TV as well in the living room. The kitchen was great to have...not to cook but to give us the ability to have some snacks. The morning breakfast was inclusive of many items...eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles, etc. We were only there for one evening food experience but it was also good. The proximaty to Williamsburg, which is what we wanted was very good. Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and Colonial Williamsburg were within a 15 minute drive. The hotel staff was friedly and helpful. The hotel is located near a lot of restaurants, supermarkets and retail stores such as Targets and Walmarts. I definitely recommend for families.

Dear Queens45,

Thank you for contributing your feedback on your recent experience here at Staybridge Suites. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to hosting your stay here again in the near future!
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here as a family of 5 with 3 teenage kids - the hotel was clean with free parking, wifi and laundry. The staff were pleasant and it was clean. Usual Staybridge arragements with sundownder with drinks and snacks mid week. Only probolem was small shop very poorly stocked and we had to brave a thunderstorm to go to walgreens! Close to decent restaurants.

Dear Karen.Simpson,

Thank you for your review on your recent experience here at Staybridge! I apologize that you ran into the inconveniance of having to drive to Walgreens in the middle of a violent thunderstorm! We try to ensure that our Bridge Shop stays stocked 100% of the time, so we are a little dissapointed that we let you down. However, we look forward to the opportunity of hosting your future stays here in Yorktown, VA and the opportunity to make this up to you!
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel once this year; On our way back for a an extended period in late June-2011 . It is extremely well managed, by Ms Lysette Conley CHS, and her front desk staff as well as the Housekeeping staff. and the service is excellent. I would like to show appreciation for the jobs being performed by housekeeping Houseman, Shawn & Keith. the front desk Kelly, & Bernie.
We also liked the breakfast served each morning. A very good variety of hot and cold food choices.We also enjoyed the weekend breakfast served by one of the Dining Room Staff "Alexis" The hotel was clean and quiet. Tthe cleaning staff who spared no detail to a clean comfortable suite, they are valued because this is what I look forward to each year, when we return. I would also We would also like to Thank Mr"P" for building a wonderful, beautiful, comfortable hotel and making this all possible for our enjoyment Our home away from home.
Respectfully,
Wilson/Smith Family-416

Room Tip: Best hotel to stay in the area, clean comfortable
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear CJSmitty-Wilson,

Thank you for your kind and generous review of your recent experience here at Staybridge. We appreciate your business as well as your loyalty to our brand, and look forward to hosting your future stays here in Yorktown VA!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News

Been to Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown? Share your experiences!