“Comfortable Stay”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We visited relatives during this trip and found this particular Courtyard/Marriott to be a very wise choice as our place to stay for a few days.
Our room, itself, was clean, comfortable and there were good restaurants right next to the facility.
In fact, the entire establishment was very clean and very comfortable.
Also, this Courtyard/Marriott is located close to Williamsburg where were going to
The entire staff was very friendly and very helpful during our entire stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BILL P
Christopher P, Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind and memorable feedback from your recent stay with us! I'm so delighted that you found everything you needed during your stay. Our staff, our guests, and our Courtyard family are honored that we could be at your service, and we are eager to provide you with service so memorable on your next visit to the area. I have spread the word to everyone as it's so nice to hear that our team is taking care of or guests.

Please don't hesitate to make our home your home on your next visit to Yorktown or the surrounding area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Newport News Yorktown

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I travel to the Yorktown-Newport News area frequently for business. I usually stay here. The Marriott staff is very friendly. However, they need to change computer vendors since I had a lot of trouble printing at the computer stations in their business center. Fortunately the staff went out of their way to help me print what I needed.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for returning to stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown.
I am glad to hear that your most recent stay was pleasant and my staff took care
of your needs.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our business center.
Please rest assured that this issue will be address immediately.
I would like to personally welcome you back to the Courtyard by Marriott the next time
you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Standard, updated Courtyard. Nice rooms and very friendly staff. Has a small, but well equipped fitness center. Location is in a non-descript office park, but very close to I-64. A few restaurants are within walking distance and there is a shopping center (not a mall) across the main road. Has a small café for quick serve meals; I only had breakfast and it was fine.
BOTTOM LINE: Pleasant enough, but no reason to pay a premium.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
I would like to personally welcome you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area on business or pleasure as we value your business.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The personnel at this hotel, from the front desk clerks to the food and beverage staff to housekeeping, were uniformly friendly, pleasant, and capable. I won this my room on an opaque site but was treated like a valued guest nonetheless. We used the pool and hot tub area on two nights, and it was clean and well-stocked with towels. The room was quiet and attractive and bathroom clean. The desk clerk gave us a room with two queens at my request, and while the bedding was fine, the mattress had too many previous guests' body divots for me to call it really comfy. We had a fridge and microwave as well. Very convenient location. Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marylander222

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, Virginia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have shared your review with the entire staff.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Yorktown area.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff were supe-rfriendly. The hotel appeared to be updated since we last stayed there a few years ago. Really attractive decor. Had a great bed, so we got a good nights sleep. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Good day Jeffrey C.,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown again for your recent stay!

I am glad to hear that your stay was delightful and my staff was "super-friendly". It is our continued goal to ensure every guest is treated with genuine and friendly professionalism.

With the renovations that took place a year ago, we were able to bring a brighter, and attractive decor to our entire hotel. It allows guests such as yourself to feel at home while they travel and I am glad to hear that you appreciate the new look.

I know the importance of being able to get a good nights sleep, especially when traveling so it warmed my heart to know that your bed was great and you enjoyed a good nights sleep.

I want to personally "thank you" again for staying with us at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, as we value your business. I also welcome you back the next you are in the Hampton Roads area.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My second stay at a Courtyard this month, and both have been great. Clean, nice decor, love the all-day Starbucks coffee drinks and morning/evening food/drink options, comfortable mattress. This one is in a convenient, safe location, and located by both a very nice residential area and a large shopping area (can walk to both, plus three restaurants literally in the hotel's parking lot--Texas Roadhouse, Ruby Tuesday and a Mexican restaurant). The neighborhood has lengthy walking/running trail along a golf course, fyi. Didn't use the indoor pool or hot tub--both average in appearance. Ditto for fitness room. Outstanding service--every single employee says hello and every request is met with a smile. Good Wifi--dropped service only once, and speed was fine during my stay.

A few small misses--no "privacy" card in the room to hang on the door--had to get one at the front desk. TV listings page needs to be updated (every hotel I stayed in this trip was guilty of that). Last--my pet peeve--as often happens--when I left the room near checkout time on the last day, the key did not work upon my return. Why can't hotels fix this problem?--really, really annoying. Also, it took 20 minutes to get a "quick" breakfast at the bistro on a Sunday morning (a pre-prepared yogurt cup which I grabbed my self and a cup of tea--nothing cooked). They were overwhelmed with a large group of people and though the service was friendly, even my easy transaction took at least 8 minutes, start to finish. So between that and the non-working key, my Sunday morning was a bit frustrating! That said, I am absolutely certain this was a bit of a fluke. Highly recommend this hotel, and Courtyards in general.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Good day Sati09,

Thank you for returning to stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown!

I am glad to hear that your most recent stay was a pleasant one and that my staff made you feel welcomed. We continue to strive to ensure that all guests feel "at home" when they come through the doors until the day they depart.

I would like to thank you for your patience while you waiting to be served to get your breakfast. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as I can understand how having to wait just to grab a yogurt and cup of tea can be a bit frustrating when you are preparing to depart.

In regards to the key not working when you checked out, the system automatically deactivates the key at check-out time on the day of departure, however know that doesn't help when you are trying to re-enter the room only to find out the key no longer works and for that I deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a terrific Courtyard. The staff is wonderful - friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a King room with a sofabed. Very comfortable and modern. This will be our hotel whenever we're in the Yorktown area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pattycakes726
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Good day Pattycakes726,

I would like to personally "Thank You" for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay!

Our continued goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of each guests from the moment they check in to the day they depart. It's always a pleasure when guests such as yourself are able to be impacted by the friendliness of my staff as we value your business and want to ensure that you feel "at home" while staying with us. I am also glad to hear that your King room was comfortable and the modern décor was pleasing to you.

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your stay, and we are glad that you will be staying with us again, the next time you are in the Yorktown area, as it will be our pleasure to see you again!

Tracey Spencer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 39 in Newport News
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!