“Friendly staff-convenient to everything”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Richmond, Virginia
“Friendly staff-convenient to everything”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I travel to the Yorktown-Newport News area frequently for business. I usually stay here. The Marriott staff is very friendly. However, they need to change computer vendors since I had a lot of trouble printing at the computer stations in their business center. Fortunately the staff went out of their way to help me print what I needed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for returning to stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown.
I am glad to hear that your most recent stay was pleasant and my staff took care
of your needs.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our business center.
Please rest assured that this issue will be address immediately.
I would like to personally welcome you back to the Courtyard by Marriott the next time
you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area.

Tracey Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Standard, updated Courtyard. Nice rooms and very friendly staff. Has a small, but well equipped fitness center. Location is in a non-descript office park, but very close to I-64. A few restaurants are within walking distance and there is a shopping center (not a mall) across the main road. Has a small café for quick serve meals; I only had breakfast and it was fine.
BOTTOM LINE: Pleasant enough, but no reason to pay a premium.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
I would like to personally welcome you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area on business or pleasure as we value your business.

Huntingtown, Maryland
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The personnel at this hotel, from the front desk clerks to the food and beverage staff to housekeeping, were uniformly friendly, pleasant, and capable. I won this my room on an opaque site but was treated like a valued guest nonetheless. We used the pool and hot tub area on two nights, and it was clean and well-stocked with towels. The room was quiet and attractive and bathroom clean. The desk clerk gave us a room with two queens at my request, and while the bedding was fine, the mattress had too many previous guests' body divots for me to call it really comfy. We had a fridge and microwave as well. Very convenient location. Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marylander222
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, Virginia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have shared your review with the entire staff.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Yorktown area.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff were supe-rfriendly. The hotel appeared to be updated since we last stayed there a few years ago. Really attractive decor. Had a great bed, so we got a good nights sleep. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Good day Jeffrey C.,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown again for your recent stay!

I am glad to hear that your stay was delightful and my staff was "super-friendly". It is our continued goal to ensure every guest is treated with genuine and friendly professionalism.

With the renovations that took place a year ago, we were able to bring a brighter, and attractive decor to our entire hotel. It allows guests such as yourself to feel at home while they travel and I am glad to hear that you appreciate the new look.

I know the importance of being able to get a good nights sleep, especially when traveling so it warmed my heart to know that your bed was great and you enjoyed a good nights sleep.

I want to personally "thank you" again for staying with us at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, as we value your business. I also welcome you back the next you are in the Hampton Roads area.

East Coast
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My second stay at a Courtyard this month, and both have been great. Clean, nice decor, love the all-day Starbucks coffee drinks and morning/evening food/drink options, comfortable mattress. This one is in a convenient, safe location, and located by both a very nice residential area and a large shopping area (can walk to both, plus three restaurants literally in the hotel's parking lot--Texas Roadhouse, Ruby Tuesday and a Mexican restaurant). The neighborhood has lengthy walking/running trail along a golf course, fyi. Didn't use the indoor pool or hot tub--both average in appearance. Ditto for fitness room. Outstanding service--every single employee says hello and every request is met with a smile. Good Wifi--dropped service only once, and speed was fine during my stay.

A few small misses--no "privacy" card in the room to hang on the door--had to get one at the front desk. TV listings page needs to be updated (every hotel I stayed in this trip was guilty of that). Last--my pet peeve--as often happens--when I left the room near checkout time on the last day, the key did not work upon my return. Why can't hotels fix this problem?--really, really annoying. Also, it took 20 minutes to get a "quick" breakfast at the bistro on a Sunday morning (a pre-prepared yogurt cup which I grabbed my self and a cup of tea--nothing cooked). They were overwhelmed with a large group of people and though the service was friendly, even my easy transaction took at least 8 minutes, start to finish. So between that and the non-working key, my Sunday morning was a bit frustrating! That said, I am absolutely certain this was a bit of a fluke. Highly recommend this hotel, and Courtyards in general.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Good day Sati09,

Thank you for returning to stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown!

I am glad to hear that your most recent stay was a pleasant one and that my staff made you feel welcomed. We continue to strive to ensure that all guests feel "at home" when they come through the doors until the day they depart.

I would like to thank you for your patience while you waiting to be served to get your breakfast. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as I can understand how having to wait just to grab a yogurt and cup of tea can be a bit frustrating when you are preparing to depart.

In regards to the key not working when you checked out, the system automatically deactivates the key at check-out time on the day of departure, however know that doesn't help when you are trying to re-enter the room only to find out the key no longer works and for that I deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

Massachusetts
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a terrific Courtyard. The staff is wonderful - friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a King room with a sofabed. Very comfortable and modern. This will be our hotel whenever we're in the Yorktown area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pattycakes726
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Good day Pattycakes726,

I would like to personally "Thank You" for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay!

Our continued goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of each guests from the moment they check in to the day they depart. It's always a pleasure when guests such as yourself are able to be impacted by the friendliness of my staff as we value your business and want to ensure that you feel "at home" while staying with us. I am also glad to hear that your King room was comfortable and the modern décor was pleasing to you.

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your stay, and we are glad that you will be staying with us again, the next time you are in the Yorktown area, as it will be our pleasure to see you again!

Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

The property hosted a group for board meetings and meals. The staff was so attentive to the needs of everyone and so friendly, it truly felt like home. It's the only hotel I stay at when visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Good day Eddie K,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your groups meetings & meals. It's our continued goal to ensure that everyone feels at home when they stay with us as it's our pleasure to be at your service.

I'm also pleased to know that the staff was attentive to your groups needs and your stay was a great experience.

I look forward to your next stay with us the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area.

Tracey Spencer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!