“Excellent”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a one night business trip. My needs were minimal, a clean, quiet place near my business visit. My room was that and more. The staff was polite. There are places to eat and drink within walking distance before 10:00 PM. I got to check out at 1:30 PM with no problem. Breakfast was free.

Room Tip: They have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Good day Robert,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your recent stay in the Yorktown area!

I am glad to hear that everything met your needs and exceeding your expectations. It is our goal to ensure that all guests that walk through our doors feel welcomed and our staff exceeds their expectations.

I personally welcome you back to stay with us the next time you are in the Yorktown area on business or pleasure as we value your business.

Thank you again, for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently I traveled to Newport News Virginia for business and my company put me up at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown. I was so impressed with the beauty of the property, the friendliness of the staff, and the comfort of the accommodations that when I needed to return on business I requested that I be allowed to make my own reservation and requested that I stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown again. My company obliged and I immediately got on the phone to make my reservation.

Tiffany, a front desk agent, was an absolute delight to work with. She assisted me with my reservation, assuring me that she would do her best to get me on a top floor and away from the elevator and upon my arrival she did just that. Because I am also a vegetarian and do not like to eat out, I typically do all my own food preparation in my room and she, as she did on my previous visit, assisted in getting me a plate, silverware, bowl, and knife for cutting veggies. Tiffany also was a huge help in providing information on where I could go get my nails done, find karaoke, buy groceries, and gave me excellent directions to all locations.

On this visit I also received a hand written note from the General Manager that was slid under my room door. I loved the personal touch from the GM that showed I wasn't just some person, but a valued guest.

Because I do not like having anyone in my room during my stays due to the crazy work hours I have when traveling to Virginia, I always had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, so I did not receive any room service, however, when I would go ask for items from the housekeepers, they were always happy and willing to provide me with the needed items. If they didn't have the items on their carts, they would immediately go and get the items and bring them to my room.

Due to the fact that I was traveling for business I needed to have secure access to internet, not only on my laptop computer, but also on my cell phone. I had great internet service while staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown and the one time internet was knocked out (due to the storm I'm sure) it was addressed and fixed immediately.

I am also big on exercising and was impressed with the equipment in the Fitness room. Very modern and up-to-date with a wide variety of machines and weights. I love that the fitness room is open 24 hours as I don't typically get back to the property until after midnight each day. The fitness room was well stocked with towels as was the pool area. The pool and hot tub were very clean and set at comfortable temperatures.

The courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown is absolutely the place to stay when traveling for business or personal vacation/holiday. If I need to travel back to Virginia for personal or business, I will most definitely stay at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown and I will be calling and asking for Tiffany!!!

Thank you Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown and Tiffany for such a great stay once again.

Gina Davis

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall on the top floor tend to be more quiet. Balcony room s are nice for g...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Gina,

Reviews like yours are what continually make my job as General Manager such a joy! I want to personally “Thank You” for returning to stay with us while you were here on business. I feel that taking just a few moments to hand write a welcome letter to some of our guests is just another way to say how much we appreciate & value your business.

It’s always great to have guests who feel that the staff and property has exceeded their every expectation and more. I will be sure to share with the entire staff, especially Tiffany that their work ethics and outstanding customer service continues to “WOW” guests such as yourself.

I am also pleased to know that the property amenities, such as the fitness center being available 24 hours a day was able to accommodate your busy schedule and you were able to still get your workout in. I’d like to say that Tiffany is definitely a gem to us here at the Courtyard; her personality and wealth of knowledge about the surrounding area is such an asset to the team as a whole.

Again, Gina, thank you for coming back to stay with us, and we welcome you back the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area on business or pleasure.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great location - walking distance to two restaurants. Great staff - very friendly.

Things were not exactly smooth at first but how the staff handled the situation made a fan.

We originally had a room on the 3rd floor but the elevator decided to break at that exact moment. Our trip had already been messed up by US Airways arriving 6 hours late and I was in no mood to carry my 50lb bag up 3 flights of stairs. One of the maintenance workers immediately saw what was going on and said, "I'll carry your bag. No problem!" Very sweet of him and most appreciative but I was also in no mood to hoof it up and down 3 flights in that heat myself. The front desk found another room on the first floor and, I'm not joking, 3 employees ran to the room to give it a once over. One ran to get towels. One was wiping everything down. One was inspecting the rest of the room.

I'd nominate that team for an award. Message me if you know of such a thing. Amazing...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WISCGirl
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

WISCGirl,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown and I personally want to thank you for your patience and understanding about the elevator malfunctioning just as you were trying to get to your room. I understand how frustrated and exhausted you must have been after the airlines delayed your flight 6 hours.

We want every guest to feel at home when they stay with us, and having my staff assist you with your bags and ensuring that the room you were moved to was pleasantly accommodating & comfortable. Our goal is to ensure that you were well taken care of inspite of everything you experienced prior to your arrival and the elevator malfunctioning.

Again, I want to "thank you" for staying with us, and hope that the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area you will come back to Courtyard Yorktown as we truly value your business!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I departed from the Courtyard by Marriott around 2pm today. I could hardly wait to get online to give a review. EXCELLENT! I arrived at the hotel and was first greeted by a lovely, fresh smelling, beautifully decorated lobby (that little touch made me immediately feel welcome and happy to be there). I was then enthusiastically greeted and checked in by Linda. My room was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. I'm a germ-a-phob and I felt very comfortable in this room. All of the staff was friendly, courteous, and accommodating. As a former consultant who traveled quite frequently, I've stayed in my share of hotels. The past few days at this location might be the best service I've ever received. From the front-desk staff and maintenance workers to the housekeeping staff, every single person I encountered was super pleasant and it felt genuine! I wish I could remember more names because I would list them all...you all rock. There is a bistro available in the lobby. When it's closed, you can still get snacks near the check-in desk. The outdoor patio was clean, nicely furnished, and well maintained. I did not take advantage of the pool or exercise facility, but I'm sure they are equally nice. The location is near the 64 Highway and close enough to food, shopping, or activities you might want to do in Williamsburg, Yorktown, Hampton, or VA Beach. Do yourself a favor and give this location a try! If there was one ding I would give, it would be the bed. I didn't find the mattress very comfortable, but I prefer a few soft bed. Since its a matter of preference, I won't take points for the mattress. I literally felt like I was staying in my rich uncle's guest house. : ) This hotel was just that warm, inviting, and well appointed!

Room Tip: Due to availability, I was given a handicap accessible room. The staff offered to move me to anothe...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank mepyt74
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for the heartfelt review of the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown! We continue to strive for that EXCELLENT review and your review has been shared with the entire staff; letting them know that their dedicated work ethics & professionalism do impact our guests such as yourself.

Your review is a great advertising tool as you noted all the wonderful things that Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown has to offer as well as the surrounding area. I want to personally "THANK YOU" again, for taking the time out of your busy day to give such accolades to the staff and property as a whole.

I am rewarded to know that your stay with us was indeed a GREAT one; and we welcome you back the next time you find yourself in the Yorktown area.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I attended a few of the manager's Reception at this property. My company is one of their biggest clients, because we usually host our employees and business guests there, and we do many of our offsite events there as well. The entire staff was very welcoming, frinedly, and helpful across the board. Tracey Robinson took the lead in coming to introduce herself to me and the guests I bring. The facility, bistro area, and the serving line were are clean and the presentation was delightful. There has always been a plethora of choices for all types of dietary needs, and if you didn't see what you needed, Tracey or Chris would make sure they tried their best to make it happen. They go above and beyond to make sure all of the guests, young and old, are treated like family and comfortable at their hotel. The Bistro is by far, the best hotel dining, I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katrina W
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your continued support to our Manager's Reception. We are extremely pleased that you and your guest feel so welcomed as it is our pleasure to make everyone feel at home when they walk through our doors at Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown.

There is nothing more rewarding to a General Manager to know that her staff goes above and beyond to ensure that all guests needs are taken care of in a professional and friendly way.

We look forward to you attending more of our Manager's Receptions in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Entire staff was so friendly and accomodating. We were treated as if we were at a 5 star resort.The hotel was extremely clean. The pool and jacuzzi area was really nice and even equipped with lift chairs so that everyone can enjoy it. Miss Bobbi at the front desk has a real way of making all the guests welcome.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank CAustin75

We are pleased to know that your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown was "Best Courtyard Experience Ever!" Our continued goal is to ensure that every guest that walks through our doors feels the warm welcome from our staff.

I have shared your review with entire staff and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Again, Courtyard by Marriott lived up to my expectations. We were visiting relatives in the area and this was the closest Courtyard. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The property was convenient to the interstate and easy to find. Yes, I recommend this property!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CrestviewEER

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown while you visited with you family. We are pleased to know that your accommodations met your expectations as we value your business. I have shared your review with the entire staff as we take pride in knowing that you and your family had an great experience while staying with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Tracey Spencer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 40 in Newport News
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
2 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!