“Nice staff”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The property is nice and cozy. The housekeeping staff were very nice and they worked hard to keep the property clean. The day manager, Mr. Perry was friendly and very approachable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, Virginia for your lodging needs. I have shared your review with Chris and our entire staff. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We visited the area for two days in late March, and enjoyed the amenities of the newly renovated Marriott Courtyard, including the 'standard' spacious rooms, clean and modern accommodations. Even the pillows were perfect...;) The staff was very friendly, and quick to handle any requests. The housekeeping staff and front desk went beyond the call of duty after one member of our party left a cellphone in the room. A quick call from the road, to the hotel front desk, and the phone was ready/waiting for us, when we returned to pick it up...;)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown,Virginia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your review with the entire staff. Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you had a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I spend a lot of time in Marriott hotels through out the country. This was by far the best experience I have ever had in any hotel. I tend to stay from Hilton hotels because I think they're overated. At this particular hotel I was greeted promptly when I entered the lobby. Every person on the staff that I came in contact with were very courteous and never failed to greet me. On every other Thursday night they offer free dinner to all of the hotel guests.
The rate for this hotel was very low ($77) but it was well worth three times that amount.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to come down an join us during our Manager's Reception. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you. I have shared your review with the entire staff. We really look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stay at this particular hotel at least once every 8 weeks for mini staycations. The staff is always amazing, however, our last stay proved to us as to how amazing they are!

Had a little trouble in which guests a few doors down decided to host a party all night long and the noise level was so disturbing that we had to call the office at 3am to report it because we simply could not get any solid sleep. After the call the noise level was lowered until 9am. It began again and I was just tired of it, so we started packing our things to leave. Before I left however, I decided to call and communicate my dissatisfaction to the Manager, Chris, and when hearing about our plight he was very apologetic.

He explained that the previous shift neglected to notify him about the call we made to the front desk at 3 in the morning, so he wasnt aware of the incident. He asked if he could accomodate us for another night. I accepted his apology and said sure to the offer. He said he would provide a gift certificate upon check out.

We checked out and found not only did he give us a certificate for accomodations for another night BUT for an entire weeked plus dinner valued at $25 to be used on our next stay.
NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My husband and I love this hotel and definitely will continue have our staycations there!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown for your lodging needs and for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I have shared your review with the entire staff.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Chris was also, very happy to learned that you had a great stay and that he play a part in that. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Since my 1st written praise for the staff at the beautiful Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Yorktown, VA, my husband & I have been guests on several more occasions. Most recently we spent an extended weekend leaving the hotel this morning. It was like leaving extended family. Again, everyone from the front desk, the Bistro and those behind the scenes were wonderful. I had plenty of time to observe the staff with other guests. It was a very busy weekend for them. They ; Weda, Kristie, Kim, Linda, Greg, Kathy, Maria, Julie (I'm sorry if I forgot anyone) were professional, warm, kind and accommodating.
I'd like to particularly mention Maria at the Bistro. This woman gets in at an very early hour of the a.m. to have the Bistro ready for opening. She is extremely dedicated & hard working. She puts her heart and soul into the Bistro and it's patrons. I observed her one a.m. upon opening alone. She was met with a barrage of people with orders. Marie remained professional and kind, doing what she could as fast as possible. I do not know how she did it while remaining calm.
I could go on & on about theses lovely people. A special thank you to Kristie who came in with a cupcake for our granddaughter's birthday today.
I hope you get the opportunity to visit my "extended family" at this wonderful hotel.
MaryT

Room Tip: All the rooms in which we have stayed have been perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mtdk811
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Courtyard Yorktown. I have shared your review with the entire staff. Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention from our staff.
Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Yorktown, Virginia.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

my wife and i frequently visit hotels in our area. we call it our little get away. we mostly stay at marriot hotels and i must say this is one of the best we ever visited. 1st of all the front desk was superb and gets 5 plus stars. we were also getting a meeting room, so we were able to meet the general mgr as well. her name is Traci and even though she is in charged she was right out front talking to us and even gave us her card. the other mgr name was traci as well and she made sure our every need was met. the only slight shortcoming this hotel had was when i came back to my room at about 3 in the afternoon it still hadnt been cleaned......but once i bought this to the housekeepers attention she quickly came and cleaned my room. the whole weekend was great and i am looking forward to staying again. thanks to traci....the other traci and the entire staff for a great weekend!!!!!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bruh_fred
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott. It was really great meeting with you and your wife as well. Thank you for choosing our hotel and the feedback on your recent stay with us. I have shared your review with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel in the past two years. I travel to the area for (US Government) business. This hotel is easy to get to and is convenient to Interstate 64, Langely AFB, and there are many decent restaurants within walking or easy driving distance from the hotel. The hotel has been completely rennovated since I last stayed there (was actually under rennovation during my last stay). It is clean, has a comfortable and friendly lobby area with a living room-like lounge and bar/snack area. The rooms are very clean and nicely furnished. I would recommend this very decent hotel to anyone traveling to the Yorktown/Hampton Roads area and I will use this hotel again the next time I need to travel to that area for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators and ice machine. Doing that I'm usually put on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for always choosing to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott during your visit to our area. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you. Thanks again for continuing to choose our hotel for lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia.

Tracey Spencer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
#3 of 40 in Newport News
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 42 in Chesapeake

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!