“best front desk staff i ever met”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Newport News, Virginia
“best front desk staff i ever met”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

my wife and i frequently visit hotels in our area. we call it our little get away. we mostly stay at marriot hotels and i must say this is one of the best we ever visited. 1st of all the front desk was superb and gets 5 plus stars. we were also getting a meeting room, so we were able to meet the general mgr as well. her name is Traci and even though she is in charged she was right out front talking to us and even gave us her card. the other mgr name was traci as well and she made sure our every need was met. the only slight shortcoming this hotel had was when i came back to my room at about 3 in the afternoon it still hadnt been cleaned......but once i bought this to the housekeepers attention she quickly came and cleaned my room. the whole weekend was great and i am looking forward to staying again. thanks to traci....the other traci and the entire staff for a great weekend!!!!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bruh_fred
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott. It was really great meeting with you and your wife as well. Thank you for choosing our hotel and the feedback on your recent stay with us. I have shared your review with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Tracey Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Waldorf, MD
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel in the past two years. I travel to the area for (US Government) business. This hotel is easy to get to and is convenient to Interstate 64, Langely AFB, and there are many decent restaurants within walking or easy driving distance from the hotel. The hotel has been completely rennovated since I last stayed there (was actually under rennovation during my last stay). It is clean, has a comfortable and friendly lobby area with a living room-like lounge and bar/snack area. The rooms are very clean and nicely furnished. I would recommend this very decent hotel to anyone traveling to the Yorktown/Hampton Roads area and I will use this hotel again the next time I need to travel to that area for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators and ice machine. Doing that I'm usually put on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for always choosing to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott during your visit to our area. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you. Thanks again for continuing to choose our hotel for lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia.

Bealeton, Virginia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed for a few days and it's a nice location and it's your typical Courtyard UNTIL you step into the shower. I'm sorry but when the water only comes out about 10-12 inches and goes down with NO PRESSURE at all there is a problem. Called and they sent maintenance man up who checked multiple rooms and they all had no water pressure (on the second floor). Staff was nice & attentive but I have to have my shower. When I'm overseas in a local place I expect that in 3rd world countries but NOT HERE IN THE USA. I shower 2x a day, once when I get up and once after work or before bed to unwind.
I wouldn't return for that reason - there are plenty of other places to stay not far away.

Room Tip: Check your water pressure - if it's acceptable stay if not....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tspencer1, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown,Virginia for your lodging needs and the feedback regarding your stay. Please except my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with our water pressure. Please be assured that this issue has been addressed, and that appropriate actions has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. Thanks again and please think of us on your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia!

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels but I can't say that I've ever met a friendlier staff than what they had here. From the time I got there I was welcomed by 2 ladies at the front desk who made me feel right at home. The friendliness felt sincere as well! I can't say enough good things about this hotel...it was clean, beds were great, and just everything about it was top notch. Will be staying here again if we ever head back down that way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to recognizes our staff's efforts. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Tracey Sencer
Snow Shoe, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights and could not have asked for anything better. Staff was awesome, so friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable. We were close to restaurants and shopping and we felt secure there. We stayed at another location last year and we were a little nervous. The only thing I would suggest to them is to get bigger and/or additional trash cans and use liners for them. There is only 1 small can and we were a family staying there so we generated a little more trash but hey if that's my only suggestion I say that's pretty good. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, Virginia for your lodging needs. We appreciate all guest feedback as that serves as our measuring stick of how well we are meeting our guest needs. Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our family had a reunion for a wedding in the Newport News area and we stayed at this hotel. It worked perfectly for us as there were restaurants and shopping very nearby as well as a pool and nearby park for the children in our party. The rooms were roomy and nice and the small cafe although limited as to times open and choice had good food. The best part was the staff though. Everyone on staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us with any problems we had. Our whole group were very impressed and many of us travel a lot. I highly recommend this hotel and have the highest recommendation for the staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown, Virginia. I have shared your review with the entire staff.

Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very please that your family received that attention. Also, I hope everyone truly enjoyed the wedding.
Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Yorktown Virginia.

Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed there for a last minute trip. The hotel rate was very reasonable and the rooms were large. The staff was friendly. They provided a full breakfast (at a cost). All of the rooms had a small balcony. Too bad it was too cool to sit outside. The hotel was able to extend my stay at the last minute with no issues. Newly remodeled lobby.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown Virginia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia.

Tracey Spencer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!