“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed there for a last minute trip. The hotel rate was very reasonable and the rooms were large. The staff was friendly. They provided a full breakfast (at a cost). All of the rooms had a small balcony. Too bad it was too cool to sit outside. The hotel was able to extend my stay at the last minute with no issues. Newly remodeled lobby.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Yorktown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Yorktown Virginia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met and that this was a great experience for you. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Yorktown, Virginia.

At Your Service,

Tracey Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Friendly staff greet you as you arrive and throughout your stay. The location is close to everything in the Tidewater area, including the many Saint Leo University locations, which I was in town to visit.

Room Tip: Seems any room is as good as another.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
North East, Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Room was nice, staff were nice, breakfast was nice. The staff was helpful in finding places to visit around Yorktown, VA. Bed was comfy, room was clean. The Hotel is located close to a shopping area that contains several eateries.

Room Tip: Close to a Mall, very close to eateries. Nice location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ozgard
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during the Setting Sail Orientation for parents and students at CNU. It was a straight shot from the campus and very easy to get to. I checked in late due to day long campus activities and was warmly greeted at the front desk. I quickly received my keys and headed to my room. Modern, clean and with enough amenities to guarantee a good stay. Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. Quiet area so I was guaranteed a good nights sleep. Morning check out was effortless. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. In fact, I have already booked a room for CNU family week. Great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank NJGirlInVA
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to be guests at the Newport News Yorktown Courtyard by Marriott last week. From the time we walked in the door until we left, I cannot say enough about the people and services offered.
My first experience was at the front desk with the wonderful Kristie and Weda. I especially got to know Kristie because her daughter and my granddaughter were the same age. I enjoyed the time she took to talk to me and make not just me but my granddaughters feel special as well. Weda also always had a smile on her face and always wanted to know what she could do for us.
I then met Kathy our wonderful house cleaning woman. We hit it off immediately. She was not just friendly and professional but did the most amazing job each day with our room. Kathy has a son, Antwan, who also works there. My husband and I had many opportunities to speak with this polite, friendly, professional young man. He is wonderful.
At night we were often welcomed by Greg who I took to be a professional football player. He was so very helpful, friendly and kind.
Each morning I would go to the Bistro. Maria was nothing less than amazing. After the first day she remembered exactly what I wanted and would get it ready without me even asking. She was friendly, efficient, fast and I wish I had her memory.
The facility itself is beautiful. We took full advantage of the lovely pool and Jacuzzi. The grounds are beautiful. The lobby is welcoming and cozy. It has books to read, nice tables and chairs, TV and a great business center.
When we came back in the evening, some nights we would want a beer. The lady, I cannot recall her name, always knew what we wanted and was so very friendly and helpful.
We have stayed at various hotels in the area while our daughter and family sell their house in PA and live in an apartment near the hotel. This was by far our most delightful experience thanks to the wonderful staff.
MaryT Miller

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and were able to go outside and enjoy the beautiful grounds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mtdk811
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

When I checked in I was a bit worried because there was a baseball team in the lobby- (there was a local tournament that weekend ) I had a room on the third floor and was told to let her know if I heard any noise from the team. I never heard the team and was quite pleased with the room size and the cleanliness on the hotel. It was a great location for local sightseeing!

Room Tip: upper floors seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sparkles59
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I frequently stay at courtyard and thought this one was pretty decent despite the fact that it's a smaller property. The room was nice and clean, also you could not beat the price. The only problem I had was with the front desk. Upon check in there were two clerks. One guy and a young lady with an accent. The gentleman was very nice but unfortunately he did not check me in. The woman with the accent did not smile at all and rushed my check in as if she did not want to be bothered. Being more friendly would be nice.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Acoxs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
Candlewood Suites Newport News
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!