“Clean and Basic - Fair Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Willcox

Days Inn Willcox
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Willcox
Courtenay, Canada
“Clean and Basic - Fair Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

We arrived in Wilcox late and after driving from Portal decided to try the Days Inns. We were looking for a basic hotel to spend the night before heading on to Phoenix the following day and this hotel fit our needs.

Check in was excellent and the service desk was polite and very helpful. The room was standard - clean but could use some updating/paint. We were on the ground floor next to another family with a young child and did not notice excess levels of noise. The area did not seem unsafe. Breakfast was unremarkable - neither excellent or really poor.

Hotel is located within walking distance of a KFC (not recommended), McDonalds and a Safeway (across a parking lot).

Bottom line - a comfortable bed for the night in a characterless room before moving on the next day. Probably wouldn't stay there again but try one of the independents on the old interstate.

• Liked — Convenient location and price
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
silver spring md
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2008

Going to Fort Bowie NHS the next day, we stopped here for the night. Looking at AAA Tour Book, we decided that this looked as good as any for a one night stay. We were given a first floor room and it was very scarey..The door had dents in it, the mini frige also had a big dent in it, the bathroom was not clean, and there was alot of noise during the night--traffic and human voices. I did not feel comfortable and was ready to check out at the crack of dawn. My husband insisted that we eat the complimentary breakfast--not good, tables never wiped off. I will be in touch with AAA concerning the 2 diamond rating and will not stay here again.

Stayed March 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

We were stuck here in Willcox for an undetermined number of days. Because of that, before I reserved a room, I checked out the other hotels in the city. This one seemed like the best value, plus there was a coupon in the travel book. When I looked at the room, I asked the girl if all the rooms were the same and she said yes, then I made a reservation with the coupon. That's when she said the coupon in only good for the second floor rooms. Ok, that isn't too much of an inconvenience. But when I unloaded the luggage, I found out that the "coupon" rooms don't include a fridge and microwave. She didn't tell me that! So I tried to cancel a reservation I made 20 minutes earlier and was told I couldn't. So we were stuck there for 4 nights because I wasn't going to pack and unpack again. I was tired from drivng. I couldn't get any kind of reimbursement for the false advertising. I never even saw the manager.

The breakfast isn't great. You'd be better off buying some groceries, that is, if you didn't get the "coupon" room.

• Stayed September 2007
1 Thank oimabzb
Oceanside, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2006

The hotel is very noisy because it is right off the interstate, parking and to get to motel room with steps and no elevator was inconvienent, I happened to be on the first floor which was extra noisy since I heard every car come in, and people let them use this as a playground for thier kids. The customer service was good, and rooms were fairly clean. This place seemed to attract undesireables at the time I was there and I did not feel safe leaving my room at night. I had paid for a 3 night stay and every day I had to get my motel key/card updated because every time my room got cleaned the maids changed the lock, this was very annoying. I come to Willcox often to visit family, and I have tried most of the motels here, and this is my least favorite.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a 2nd level room, even though you have to carry your luggage up there, it will be less noisy
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Spykatt
Worcestershire UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2006

We needed to stop at Willcox after travelling for the day on I10. The Best Western was full and the Super 8 did not appeal. The Days Inn was the last option. It was dirty, the rooms tired with the bathroom in need of a full refurbishment. Never again!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank illshaw
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2006

Clean room, friendly staff. So-so breakfast. Wired and wireless internet(I had better luck with the wired internet). Pool wasn't open so didn't get a chance to use it. Only problem at this hotel is the thin walls, it is near the interstate so you can usually hear the trucks passing by.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Hondo1975
tucson az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2003

The wife and I had a great get-a-way one weekend. Was pleasantly surprised with all the things to do and see in Willcox. Really enjoyed The Days Inn. The complex was very quiet even though it was right on a busy ramp to the interstate. We are going back in Oct 2004 for Rex Allen days with the rest of the family and have our Days Inn reservation in place.

• Stayed October 2003