“Being the niece of the owner...”

Apple Annie's Orchard
Ranked #3 of 24 things to do in Willcox
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My Great Aunt and uncle own Apple Annie's and I have such great memories here. It's wonderful to pick the fruit right off the tree. I got the experience to work the cash register for a weekend and was suprised at how inexpensive the prices were. My family gets ours for free. Also the produce farm is great. My second cousin Matt owns that so I know how hard he works. So just remember to tell John or Ann how much fun you had. They love talking to people!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Coming from the corn growing area of Illinois and Iowa, we were disapointed with the white and yellow corn available at the local grocery stores. So, with a little Internet research, we found the Sweet Corn Extravaganza 2012 at Annie's the weekend of July 14th and 15th and off we went.
Easy to find with plenty of parking, rest rooms and a huge covered area ( with misters ) where the fruits and vegetables were in bins, ready for us to put into bags along with many jellies, jams and pickled veggies.
Across from the huge covered ramada was another covered area where fresh picked and roasted sweet corn was being sold. Well .... $2.50 an ear or 5 for $10 is not exactly cheap, but one bite and to me, it was worth the two fifty...... I did have a couple of the hot roasted corns, and along with melons, egg plant and beans, we brought a dozen fresh corn home for $5.99 per dozen.
So ..... two hours on the road each way for $2.50 an ear for hot roasted corn ( and they did have a tub of hot butter to dip the corn in ) ..... and it was worth every mile and the two fifty for the best sweet corn I have had west of Iowa.

1  Thank DesertBoomers
Reviewed June 19, 2012

too much work and the road in was just insane. Need new shocks.... . . . . . . . . . . . . ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

2  Thank cajunbully
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Wonderful way to spend a morning whether for a U-pick experience or just to pick up fresh fruit.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I go several times a season and am never dissapointed. Friendly staff, fun corn maze and a good variety of fruits and vegetables make the slightly high prices worth it.

Been to Apple Annie's Orchard? Share your experiences!