“The most fun we have ever had at a winery or a restaurant!”

Tapas at Coronado Vineyards
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Willcox
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“The most fun we have ever had at a winery or a restaurant!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We did a day trip to Willcox from Tucson. Friends told us to pack a lunch because there were no good restaurants in Willcox. Wrong! This place is a gem and worth the trip just for the food. The wine tasting is just another reason to be there. Teresa was our hostess and server and mistress of ceremonies. The wines were quite good. After tasting six wines, my wife and I bought a bottle of the Cabernet, which goes spectacularly well with chocolate cake, and a bottle of the Syrah which is quite good by itself. We drank it later that evening with leftover Italian food. Our friends bought a bottle of the Syrah and the Chardonnay. But the true highlight of the visit was the small-plate food that Teresa prepares between pouring wine and running the cash register. We ordered the spinach dip and chips (great!), the crab cakes (spectacular!), and the dates stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in jalapeno bacon (addictive!!). Then we ordered another plate of stuffed, bacon-wrapped dates! All the time, we are conversing, joking, and laughing with Teresa and the other winery visitors. This was the most fun, and the best food, we've ever enjoyed at a winery or a restaurant. All told, with food, wine tasting, extra glasses of wine, and four bottles of wine-to-go, the four of us spend around $200. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Coloradoguy46

Mesa, Arizona
“lunch”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband & I each had individual pizzas. They were good. Not much to choose from on the menu. There was only 1 woman working the entire place - making the food, hosting the tasting room, & being the cashier. The wines weren't that great. We didn't purchase any wine. I did buy 2 pairs of cute, locally made earrings for only $5.00 each.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KimKayJ
Pima, AZ
“Worth the Drive!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am totally addicted to the Coronado Vineyards tapas. My husband and I drive 40 miles from the Gila Valley down to Willcox with friends for an afternoon or evening of tapas and it is so worth it. When I recently had family visiting from out of state, I knew we had to go there. As always, their tapas were so yummy! My aunt from PA and cousin from CA loved the food. We all enjoyed the atmosphere looking out the large windows from the comfortable soft seating indoors into the vineyard and watching a vibrant red vermilion flycatcher swooping down to catch its meal. On prior visits, we've eaten on the patio outside, which is also a pleasant, relaxing experience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Diane D
safford
“offer little”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We planned on making a dressy family birthday/Christmas evening out only to find out they no longer offer dinner but do have tapas but not after 5:30!! We had a nice dinner two years ago, went last year in the eve. for wine and Tapas and now dissapointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank elma g
CoronadoVineyards, Owner at Tapas at Coronado Vineyards, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello Elma! I am very sorry that you were disappointed in our hours for serving tapas. Unfortunately, we had some challenges over the last year that caused us to begin closing at 5:30 starting last April. Our website was updated in an effort to let everyone know we had changed our hours. We hope to re-open for evening service in the future, but are unable to do so at this time.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Was Expecting More”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We put this winery last on our list of five winery stops planning for a late lunch. We started with a wine tasting and the wine was okay (did not purchase any). There were not very healthy menu choices which made it even harder for me, a vegetarian. I ordered the cheese puffs which were like cream cheese in a filo crust served with a fig sauce and they were very good. Service was slow because there was only one employee present who did the tastings, served the tables, and worked the store. I know that the Willcox wine trail is just getting started but the wineries really need to focus on providing an exceptional customer experience so that it continues to grow.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank nJOYing_Lif
CoronadoVineyards, Owner at Tapas at Coronado Vineyards, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hi Sheila,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and yet I'm sorry to hear that your experience at Coronado Vineyards did not meet your expectations. We strive to give our customers a great experience while they are here. Our tasting room manager mentioned your visit to me and was concerned that it was a bit slow getting the food to you because she happened to be alone there that day. We sincerely apologize for the delay. We also try to have foods on the menu that will meet many food requirements including vegetarian. Should you have any suggestions for the menu we love to get feedback and ideas from our customers. Please email us at info@coronadovineyards.com.
Sincerely,Jacque Cook