“GREAT”

Big Tex BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Willcox
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 23, 2014

we stopped in here after the parade during rex allen days...THE PLACE WAS PACKED.. we pull in the tractor pulls and needs a lot of food to feed the CREW... well so happens they say u need to order ahead of time for big orders... so I was kinda sad and starving for BBQ... my husband saw the owner out back and told him what the front counter said.... well this owner is AWSOME.. he gave us 5lbs of brisket and pulled pork all they had made at the time... potato salad and coleslaw ect... he was so nice he gave us all his warming pans and bowls to use... I was so happy and couldn't thank him enough... I promised to return them when we were done shoving our facing at the tractor pull grounds.... WONDERFUL food...

2  Thank dwm28

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The people were friendly. It smelled good. But there was only a couple of people in the restaurant.
We ordered the pork ribs and chicken.
The chicken was old and dry, but tha'ts not the bad part. I bit into the leg and got the most intense ammonia, dead and decaying taste I every experienced in my life. I am sincerely serious.
The flavor was putrid and rotten. I had to immediately spit it into my napkin.
We were so embarrassed for the waitress. We just put cash on the table and paid for that rotten food and walked out, leaving the whole thing practically untouched.
Be very cautious. There may have days when the food is fresh, but this one was rotten.
Jeff.

3  Thank Joe H
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you like GOOD food...there is no other place to eat in Willcox. it is a great place to meet up with friends for good food and a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I didn't expect to find a good BBQ place in a tiny freeway-side town like Willcox. We were there on Saturday night, so we had the baby back rib special. One full slab was more than enough for the two of us. The cole slaw was unusually delicious (some of the best I've ever had), and we also had the sweet potato fries, which were good.

The waitresses were great -- very friendly and helpful. I've lived in Texas and in North Carolina, and eaten BBQ everywhere, and this was solid BBQ. I'm not sure I would call it Texas style, but that didn't matter. The sauce was very tasty -- not too sweet and just the right amount of kick. The meat was tender with good crusting. The sides we had were way above average. I can't think of a single thing wrong. If I'm ever driving past Willcox, I would definitely stop here again, even though it is a bit of a drive off the freeway. And eating in a train car was fun.

2  Thank wmleler
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Dining choices in Willcox are very limited so we found oursevles at Big Tex BBQ and the best thing about the experience was sitting in the caboose of an old train. I felt our table could have been cleaner however. Service was okay but our waitress seemed hurried although we went early and it wasn't that busy. Perhaps they were shorthanded. My husband ordered a beer and I ordered a glass of wine which came promptly and both were nice and cold. I wanted to order the BBQ chicken but they were out of it so I ordered the BBQ brisket. It was tender and moist and a large portion...more than I could eat. My husband ordered baby back ribs and he said they were "pretty good". We would go back to this restaurant if we went to Willcox again, but mainly because there is hardly anything there except for fast food. We did visit Coronado Vineyards earlier in the afternoon and wished we had ordered some of their tapas. It probably would have been better.

Been to Big Tex BBQ Restaurant? Share your experiences!