We stayed two nights for a family event and hiking in the Chiricahuas. Upon making reservations I asked for a room on the back side away from the freeway not knowing that a very busy truck stop is right across the street much closer and noisier than the freeway. So if you want quiet, ask for a room away from the truck stop! We reserved a N/S king but got two queens instead. Although the room was non-smoking, the hallway smelled very heavily of cigarette smoke. Check in was quick and efficient. The lobby and breakfast room were very nice. The elevator was fairly slow. The room was very large with a good sized, nice granite bathroom. Since it is a newer place, it was very clean although there were cup/water rings on the bathroom counter. Good, thick towels, very comfortable bed (the second best I've ever slept on in a hotel!) and crisp bedding. Large TV with a good selection of channels. And easily accessed wireless internet. We were disappointed in the breakfast. Yes, it had the standard stuff, but nothing great. Bacon was very greasy, swimming in grease and not crisp, the cinnamon roll was good but very, very sweet. I was disappointed that there was no microwave to be found, not even in the breakfast room. I wanted to heat milk for my own Mocha but was out of luck. I was kind of surprised one wasn't available anywhere. The swimming pool was clean in spite of the very windy conditions although there is little privacy with the truck stop driveway right across from the pool. Willcox may have little to offer for adventure, but we were surprised by the Chiricahuas National Monument. It was a beautiful little park to visit and although we didn't get to hike all the trails, we saw enough that we were glad we made the 40 mile or so drive and would definitely visit again. As for the hotel, yes, we would stay here again but would be more specific when making my reservation and would skip the free breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Willcox, AZ Boasts Comfort & Convenience Enjoy a relaxing stay at our pet friendly Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Willcox, AZ, conveniently located off I-10 and near the Chiricahua Museum and the Cowboy Hall of Fame. Families looking for lodging in Willcox, AZ love staying at our hotel which is ideally located between El Paso, TX and Tucson, AZ. Our Willcox hotel's location is near many area attractions, such as the Kartchner Caverns, the Chiricahua National Monument and the OK Corral in Tombstone. Willcox is also home to the famous Rex Allen Cowboy Hall of Fame which is only two miles away. Business travelers also enjoy lodging at our Willcox, AZ hotel due to its location near area businesses including Valley Tele-Com, UTC, Chochise College, Lucent Technologies and Georgia-Pacific, all are within 10 miles of our accommodations in Willcox. Guests can take advantage of our premium business services like a convenient, 24-hour business center, free, high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access and a large meeting room with video conferencing and A/V equipment available. During your stay at our pet friendly lodging in Willcox, AZ you can enjoy our amenities such as the refreshing outdoor pool and enjoy a workout in the newly renovated 24-hour fitness center. In addition, we offer a complimentary, hot breakfast bar every morning. Check out our great Willcox, AZ hotel's deals and book your stay in Willcox today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willcox reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Willcox
- Holiday Inn Express Willcox
- Willcox Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Willcox