“Most amazing stay we've had in 13 years of marriage!”

Echo Canyon Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Sulphur B&B and Inns
lumberton
“Most amazing stay we've had in 13 years of marriage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

My husband and I flew into Dallas on Decenber 30, 2010 to visit a family member in Moore, Oklahoma. I searched Trip Advisor for somewhere to stay the night since it was a three hour drive. I found Echo Canyon Resort and was a bit reluctant since it only had three reviews. However, the website was very descriptive, the staff was very helpful when I called and we were able to reserve one of the best rooms (Chilton's Hideaway) because it was priced so reasonably.

After a long day traveling (flight was delayed so we ended up driving through the canyons of Oklahoma in the dark), we were quite relieved when we were shown to our room. It was decorated beautifully and was very cozy. We changed for dinner and ended up having an excellent meal. Every dinner is a triple entree and we were served filet mignon, roasted duck, and butterflied shrimp. I am extremely picky and ate almost everything on my plate. The dessert was also amazing.

Despite being tired, we did go to the spa building after dinner where there is a spacious bar with a few large televisions. The spa is owned by a married couple and the husband, Joe was there to greet us and we ended up having a very pleasant evening with him.

I had read the review about breakfast and how someone commented on enjoying the free breakfast at the Hampton Inn or some other chain like that. I cannot believe that there could be any comparison between the breakfast we were served at Echo Canyon to a run-of-the-mill breakfast buffet. It was another amazing meal. I again ate almost everything on my plate despite being full - I couldn't bring myself to put the fork down.

Before we checked out, my husband and I had a couples massage. Again, the service was great and my deep-tissue massage was one of the best I have ever received.

We have traveled to many states and islands together. I would have never in a million years think I would find such luxury in Oklahoma. We will defintely be visiting there again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Plano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband and I run away to Echo Canyon every couple of months and every time we go it's hard to leave. The rooms are beautifully furnished to feel like home, the views on property are amazing and the dinner is fabulous! I work in the hotel industry and have access to some of the best hotel chains BUT this place has become our home away from home and is worth every hard working penny of ours. Thanks to the staff for their excellent customer service! We will see you for my Birthday.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Choctaw, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Van Horn's have created a peaceful, comfortable, and cozy atmosphere. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters and it was spacious, clean, quiet, and upscale. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom quite large with double sinks, jacuzzi tub, walk in shower and separate room for toilet. We ate dinner here and were impressed with the gourmet quality of the food. We had duck with plum sauce for the first time. We were also served filet mignon,shrimp scamp, sauteed vegetable, potatoes, salad, bread, and chocolate strawberry gateau. Their peach ambrosia drink is one of a kind delicious. Breakfast was equally delicious. We had the choice of either blueberry granola pancakes or oat waffles both with fruit and a second place was served of two types of eggs, bacon, bicuit with gravy, and potatoes. We loved the relaxing atmosphere. They also have a fantastic spa facility with a very cozy bar which we did not have the opportunity to try but hope to on a future visit. Highly recommend Echo Canyon for an incredibly, relaxing getaway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Mustang, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

The staff was very nice and professional. People do not miss out on the couples massage- incorporation of massage, hot towels and stones (to die for)! The food was fantistic. If the couple that commented about the $49 dinner had had it they would have understood your paying for quality. To suggest that Joe chimmed in before is crazy he and his staff were to busy serving clients. The ambiance of this place was fantistic!!! Well appointed and not the run of the mill. I will definetly be going back!
Joe, hats off to place well done.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2009

Nice quiet getaway

Staff
Very nice and helpful, never had a problem

Rooms
Very clean, well kept and decorated. The hot tub with mineral water was a great in room feature. Nice patio overlooking a nature area.

The food was way better then we expected and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner that was worth the cost. Wait staff at dinner was excellent also.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
plano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away ..." - This is exactly how we felt every minute of our stay last weekend.
We arrived late on Friday evening to the nicest welcome from Carol VanHorn. Our suite was so far beyond anything I would have ever imagined. The furnishings, the view, the space, the bed(I have NEVER slept so well), the balcony. We did not want to go to bed because we wanted to take it all in. So, we took a midnight jacuzzi bath that was located in the room (complete with detox salts and fed from the mineral springs). The next two mornings we had a huge breakfast and the dinner - I was speechless. To say this is 5 star is not giving it justice. Our spa experience was second to none (try the couples massage) and when it came time to leave I was saddened like no other trip I have ever taken. This is a bargain at twice the price (and I thought it was pricey when we booked it)
I feel I will be shortchanged on every trip I take in the future, as I will compare it to this one.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

My husband and I took our Moms for a belated Mother's Day getaway. We booked three rooms in the manor and several spa options. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the upstairs rooms are extremely spacious... great bathrooms. We loved the outdoor hot tub, the peacefulness of the house, the service... but we especially loved the food and the spa! Our spa treatments, especially the massages, were the best we had ever experienced. The breakfasts were very enjoyable. However, the big surprize were the dinners. I was a bit concerned about the cost; but after just one dinner, we had to book a second! We have never enjoyed a meal as much as we did these multi-course sensations. We raved over every bite. We are all retired and on fixed incomes and we believe that we received much more than expected for our money. Our Moms were delighted and felt very honored by the service and smiles that they received from the Van Horns and their staff. We can't say thank you enough. We certainly hope to return in the future.

• Liked — Everything blended together to make a great resort.
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Pauls Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Admore
Baymont Inn & Suites Ardmore

Been to Echo Canyon Spa Resort? Share your experiences!