“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Echo Canyon Spa Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Echo Canyon Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Sulphur B&B and Inns
Round Rock, Texas
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

My husband and I took our Moms for a belated Mother's Day getaway. We booked three rooms in the manor and several spa options. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the upstairs rooms are extremely spacious... great bathrooms. We loved the outdoor hot tub, the peacefulness of the house, the service... but we especially loved the food and the spa! Our spa treatments, especially the massages, were the best we had ever experienced. The breakfasts were very enjoyable. However, the big surprize were the dinners. I was a bit concerned about the cost; but after just one dinner, we had to book a second! We have never enjoyed a meal as much as we did these multi-course sensations. We raved over every bite. We are all retired and on fixed incomes and we believe that we received much more than expected for our money. Our Moms were delighted and felt very honored by the service and smiles that they received from the Van Horns and their staff. We can't say thank you enough. We certainly hope to return in the future.

• Liked — Everything blended together to make a great resort.
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

The Van Horn's are in the B & B business because they love people and they love what they do. It makes a BIG difference! I have been to B & Bs before and the owner's attitudes can make or break your experience. I brought a group of women to Echo Canyon on several occasions for a retreat and got much more than I expected - very comfy beds, engaging hosts, relaxing, immaculately clean, beautiful antiques and the food was beyond compare. I have since taken my daughters several times for a relaxing weekend. I cannot recommend this place highly enough based on my 5 experiences with them.

• Liked — Surroundings comfortable, relaxing and lovely. Food unbelievable!
  • Disliked — Beautiful antiques butI am not an antique person.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

I wanted to get out of town for a few days over the Christmas break. Didn't expect how wonderful this place turned out to be. The hosts were so friendly and so genuine. The room was so nice and cozy. I can't say enough about the food. Fantastic presentation, taste, and enough to share. The fresh peach cocktail was addicting. Delicious! The massages were great. Just a really relaxing stay.

• Liked — The Food was wonderful
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2008

OMG! My husband and I have traveled the world and we have never had a more wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived until they had to "force us to leave" (just kidding) we were in heaven.
We arrived in the middle of the afternoon in time to check in before our Couples Massage. Our room was huge, the jacuzi hot & bubbly and the scenery amazing. I have had many massages and this one was tops!! The hot stone treatment was "to die for".
Our gourmet dinner was exceptional. Even my husband could not finish his meal there was so much food. But we both sampled the dessert anyway and we were sure glad we did. Everything was melt in your mouth delicious.
After an incredible nights sleep, the magnificent breakfast of homemade waffles, speciality "oriental" eggs, perfect potatoes and biscuts and gravy, was all topped off with the best fresh fruit toppings in the world. All the fruit was grown on the premisies and the bird watching out our dining window as we relaxed over coffee was a special treat!
Carol and Joe, the owners and hosts, were delightful. This is one place I will be returning to over and over again! It was truely the PERFECT experience!! I have found my slice of heaven on earth!!

Stayed January 2008
Lone Grove, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2008

We had a wonderful time here! It was our 1st Anniversary, and it was very enjoyful. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the hosts were very sweet and helpful with whatever we needed. We plan on going back, and are sure that it will be just as enjoyable the second time as the first.

Stayed January 2008
Ada, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2007

The B&B
We stayed in Williams Wonderland (see pictures). This was beautiful with a huge bed, leather sofa, Jacuzzi, fridge, double vanity bathroom, shower, and balcony. The room was very clean. They provided robes for us to relax in and encourage their guests to lounge as much as they like in them. So relaxing. This is a great place to stay for any type of B&B lover. Very private with private entry gate. Luxury from the time you drive in!

The Food
Do NOT go without eating here! The food is unbelievable. My husband & I planned a trip to a well-known (and expensive!) restaurant in Bricktown after our stay/dinner at Echo Canyon. That dinner paled in comparison to Echo Canyon's! Absolutely wonderful. We had steak, duck, shrimp, salad, bread, veggies, and dessert. Of course, breakfast is included & is a two-course meal. The waffles were the best we've ever had as were the biscuits and gravy.

The Spa
We booked the spa for right after dinner. There's nothing like a full day, dinner at 7:00 and massages right before bed. The spa is beautiful and couples can have massages in the same room.

To Do
There's lots to do in the Sulphur/Davis area. We took our 4-wheeler and headed to Cross Bar ranch. We also checked out downtown Davis Main Street with it's antique shops as well as downtown Sulphur. Sulphur is home to Chickasaw National Rec Center with tons of trails and fresh-water springs. Davis is home to Arbuckle lake.

• Liked — Privacy & Food
  • Disliked — Hmmm, that's a tough one but I'd say the gravel driveway (tough on a girl's shoes - ha)
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AnOkieTraveler
Ada,Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2006

If you want to totally relax this is the place. The Van Horns are very engaging and gracious hosts. I especially love the dogs that live there. The food is great. The in room whirlpool is excellent. The view is beautiful and close to national park. The rooms are big and well appointed. Sitting on the porch or sitting on your private balcony is so relaxing. We have visited twice now and plan to return. A very nice place for couples. So treat yourself and go if you love to just get away from everything and relax.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jetwhhs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
#2 of 23 in Ardmore
Holiday Inn Ardmore I-35
Holiday Inn Ardmore I-35
#7 of 23 in Ardmore

Been to Echo Canyon Spa Resort? Share your experiences!