“Parents of 4, first time away, alone, in 9 years and I can't imagine a more heavenly anniversary weekend, then that spent at Ech”

Echo Canyon Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Sulphur B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Last minute anniversary weekend getaway, recommend by a friend, that he and his wife had wanted to stay at, but hadn't had the chance to yet. We were blown away with the hospitality by the entire staff. Joe and Carol have gone above and beyond to ensure you feel at home in a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. Definitely indulge in the spa services, relax at the bar, and relish in the amazing breakfast and dinner served.
We had to stay in the Manor one night, due to our trip being last minute, but I would highly recommend staying in one of the Mansion rooms! While the Manor is lovely, it houses the restaurant and is where all guests enter to check in, therefore it can be a little busy, and you can hear everyone and everything. The Mansion rooms are spectacular with breath taking views.
Sulphur is a small town, without many options for dining or shopping, but the Artesian Hotel & Casino had just opened their restaurant when we were there. It shows promise for many unique shops, which I hope are prospering next year, when we plan to go back to Echo Canyon.
Thank you Joe, Carol, Kathy, Tamara, Jason, Michael, and everyone else that made our weekend unforgettable!
The Martins

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really recommend this resort! The rooms are so elegant and clean that it makes us feel a newness to the accomodations like we're the first guests to stay! Each time we stayed here it was peaceful bliss. I recommend requesting their chocolate dipped strawberries; they are divine and lots of them. I don't have words for how delicious their dinners are. We had the duck the first time with some kind of berry sauce. WOW! Fork tender. Every delicious meal was heavenly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary C
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Encounter a peaceful world away from your stressors and reconnecting with your spouse.
If you have been here, you will already know how inviting Echo Canyon is and probably have been keeping it a secret, telling only your closest family and friends. When you get there you will find the grounds calling to be explored around the orchard, or around to the "canyon" below. Relax in their Mineral Spring-fed in-room Jacuzzi, then nap in their plush bed on antique frames. Make sure and get your reservation in early for dinner, which is served in courses (you get everything on the menu) and is 5-star all the way. Wake up early and revel at the delights of breakfast and selections from the orchard, then receive one of many types of massage and spa treatments. They even have deep tissue massage to work out any still lingering nots from your everyday life. On your way home, you will be thinking about planning your next stay in Relaxation Heaven.

Room Tip: The larger suites have in room Jacuzzis. There is also a community one outside.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
Glen Rose, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I decided we need a quick three day vacation. We wanted something close, and google found us the perfect spot. It only took us three hours before we arrived at Echo Canyon; We arrived and was immediately showed the around the grounds, as well as to our rooms. Our room had an in-room spa tub that was large enough for myself and my husband (he's 6'4"). The kind size bed was spacious enough that we only took up a quarter of the bed. The best part of our room was the balcony overlooking the canyon. For dinner, we partook in some of the best food we've ever had. My husband and I frequent great steakhouse all around Texas, but the kobe steak shadowed all in comparison. The food was sooooo exquisite, it was 'jump up and down in your seat screaming' good. It there weren't other people around, I'm sure I would have followed suit. The dining experience did not end there. Every morning we had breakfast, they provided a buffet of food that left us full all day. We had thought we were going to try the local restaurants, but decided to have every meal at the resort. Last but surely not least, my husband and I indulged in their spa. We decided on couples massages, followed by facials, and I myself finish off with a body wrap. The body wrap was so amazing, I actually fell asleep! Carol suggested local adventures for my husband and I to share together. We went horseback riding at a local ranch, explored the local Indian cultural center, and hiked through the national forest it was located in. My husband and I deeply enjoyed our time together there. With only a three hour drive there, we will most assuredly venture back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 0advisor0
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night and ate dinner. Very pleasant accomodations and staff. Food was excellent and plenty of it. Rooms were very large. Enjoyed the spa services also. Just a few things to note. Our mattress was comfortable but it squeaked and shook every time one of us moved so it was very difficult to sleep. No clock in the room which would be very helpful when you wake up and need to know what time it is or want an alarm. Pool was also closed and when we asked they said they were redoing it. It would have been nice to know that beforehand. Dinner was lovely but we did not realize that you get 3 portions of meat. That is far too much meat for most people and not everyone enjoys duck or fish or even steak or even meat. It would be much better to offer a choice of entrees including a no meat option for vegetarians. It would also allow guests to eat in the restaurant more than once since the town is quite small and dining options in the area are very limited. Check out and check in were confusing since there is the main house and reception area, a room that says reception on it in an adjacent building and then a sign that directs you to check in and out in the spa/bar building. The place to check out is in a very small room that was tucked behind a gift/shirt shop so not readily apparent to guests or easy to locate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank skerns123
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my wife's and my second stay at Echo Canyon. Our accommodations were beautiful, clean and comfortable; dinner and breakfast the next morning were delicious. The only "smudge" on an otherwise great experience was a discrepancy with the room charge. When I booked my reservation online through the Echo Canyon website, the price quoted for the night of our stay was $225.00; the price we were actually charged was $299.00, the owner explaining that this was the normal holiday/weekend charge. Fine, but guests should know that when making the reservation and not be met with that little surprise later. It seems a little deceptive to me to quote one price and charge another later, and until the website's pricing/booking component is modified or upgraded so that it reflects accurate prices, the original price quote should be honored.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank 446scottb
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently I spent 4 days and 3 nights (not nearly long enough) at this beautiful, relaxing resort. I badly needed a personal quiet get away, which I was able to get with as much or as little pampering as I wished. But it would also be an awesome secluded romantic getaway for couples of any age. Or a girlfriends retreart Be sure to look on the website at all of the accomodations, as there are a variety of great themed suites from which to choose. And the food was fab (miss you Amy) . Don't miss out on this best kept secret in Oklahoma!

Marion in Midwest City

Room Tip: My room was on the 1st floor bot still had a balcony with the most incredible view and my own rockin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Pauls Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Admore
Baymont Inn & Suites Ardmore

Been to Echo Canyon Spa Resort? Share your experiences!