“My Slice of Heaven”

Echo Canyon Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Sulphur B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2008

OMG! My husband and I have traveled the world and we have never had a more wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived until they had to "force us to leave" (just kidding) we were in heaven.
We arrived in the middle of the afternoon in time to check in before our Couples Massage. Our room was huge, the jacuzi hot & bubbly and the scenery amazing. I have had many massages and this one was tops!! The hot stone treatment was "to die for".
Our gourmet dinner was exceptional. Even my husband could not finish his meal there was so much food. But we both sampled the dessert anyway and we were sure glad we did. Everything was melt in your mouth delicious.
After an incredible nights sleep, the magnificent breakfast of homemade waffles, speciality "oriental" eggs, perfect potatoes and biscuts and gravy, was all topped off with the best fresh fruit toppings in the world. All the fruit was grown on the premisies and the bird watching out our dining window as we relaxed over coffee was a special treat!
Carol and Joe, the owners and hosts, were delightful. This is one place I will be returning to over and over again! It was truely the PERFECT experience!! I have found my slice of heaven on earth!!

Stayed: January 2008

Reviewed January 27, 2008

We had a wonderful time here! It was our 1st Anniversary, and it was very enjoyful. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the hosts were very sweet and helpful with whatever we needed. We plan on going back, and are sure that it will be just as enjoyable the second time as the first.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed November 19, 2007

The B&B
We stayed in Williams Wonderland (see pictures). This was beautiful with a huge bed, leather sofa, Jacuzzi, fridge, double vanity bathroom, shower, and balcony. The room was very clean. They provided robes for us to relax in and encourage their guests to lounge as much as they like in them. So relaxing. This is a great place to stay for any type of B&B lover. Very private with private entry gate. Luxury from the time you drive in!

The Food
Do NOT go without eating here! The food is unbelievable. My husband & I planned a trip to a well-known (and expensive!) restaurant in Bricktown after our stay/dinner at Echo Canyon. That dinner paled in comparison to Echo Canyon's! Absolutely wonderful. We had steak, duck, shrimp, salad, bread, veggies, and dessert. Of course, breakfast is included & is a two-course meal. The waffles were the best we've ever had as were the biscuits and gravy.

The Spa
We booked the spa for right after dinner. There's nothing like a full day, dinner at 7:00 and massages right before bed. The spa is beautiful and couples can have massages in the same room.

To Do
There's lots to do in the Sulphur/Davis area. We took our 4-wheeler and headed to Cross Bar ranch. We also checked out downtown Davis Main Street with it's antique shops as well as downtown Sulphur. Sulphur is home to Chickasaw National Rec Center with tons of trails and fresh-water springs. Davis is home to Arbuckle lake.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AnOkieTraveler
Reviewed June 23, 2006

If you want to totally relax this is the place. The Van Horns are very engaging and gracious hosts. I especially love the dogs that live there. The food is great. The in room whirlpool is excellent. The view is beautiful and close to national park. The rooms are big and well appointed. Sitting on the porch or sitting on your private balcony is so relaxing. We have visited twice now and plan to return. A very nice place for couples. So treat yourself and go if you love to just get away from everything and relax.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank jetwhhs
Reviewed June 3, 2006

This place is absolutely wonderful! I wanted to surprise my husband with a romantic weekend getaway and this resort definately provided much more than I expected. We stayed in the Williams Wonderland suite which included a VERY spacious room, a wonderful, in-room, large jacuzzi with mood lighting, a candle light fireplace, a semi-private balcony overlooking the forest, wonderful satellite TV with XM radio and over 50 movie channels, and so much more. No expense seemed to be spared from the leather sofa in our room to the MOST COMFORTABLE four poster king size bed. The food was to die for - if you go, make sure you have dinner at the quaint restaurant. For 35.00 per person, we received salad, bread with great pesto, a three entree main course (including shrimp and filet mingon), dessert, and wonderful special beverage made from champagne and juice fresh from the properties fruit orchards. Breakfast was also wonderful. The views are fabulous (for Oklahoma) and I can not say enough about the hospitality and cleanliness of the facility. This the best resort I have ever been to, and who knew that I could find it in Sulphur, Oklahoma?

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank cruisinteach
Reviewed January 19, 2006

Stay Here!
I found this place last minute and the website showed some beautiful pictures of the room and they don't do a justice. The room I had was LARGE. Jaccuzi tub in the corner, very comfy king size bed and a large bathroom...and a private deck.
The owners are really nice. Carol Ann is an awesome cook, she made me a delicious breakfest. Eggs, Homemade waffles, fruit and their own jam from their garden.
Joe and Carol are very, very nice. The whole property is beautiful, very clean and I would come back again.

3  Thank RustySoap
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
Hampton Inn & Suites Pauls Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Pauls Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Admore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pauls Valley
Candlewood Suites Ardmore

Been to Echo Canyon Spa Resort? Share your experiences!