“Wonderful hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sulphur
The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is new and clean. Prices at the restaurant are very good. The jacuzzi is unbelievable. This hotel is a very easy, short drive from Ft Worth, and well worth it. Hotel staff is very friendly. The casino is heavy on the slots, and not too much on the table games.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla S

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was so beautiful and clean. Our room was so clean and the furnishings were beautiful. The food for dinner and for breakfast was outstanding. The waitstaff was great especially Connie who was very accommodating.

The Bath house and indoor pool was so nice and relaxing.

The only drawback was the view from our window...It looked out on some worn out buildings and construction of a new one. So, I just closed the curtains and went on to enjoy the rest of my stay.

I will be going back for sure!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Linda K
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I would like to thank the Artesian and the lovely hotel staff and shop owners for the most wonderful experience we have had in a hotel in a long time. I loved every second of our weekend and yes I would love to come back soon!!!! The Hotel is so beautifully decorated, with many wonderful seating areas, our room was very nice, lovely and comfortable. My husband and I loved the bath house, we enjoyed every night, next time I come I would love to do some Spa treatments in your beautiful Spa. I was so thrilled to see my favorite cup cake shop there
"Pinkitzel" which has a lovely decor. (one of the most put together shops I have seen) I really enjoyed all the darling shops that were surrounded by the hotel. All were eager to greet and help you in anyway. We so enjoyed the surrounding area, there is really a lot to see in the town of Sulfur. We went to see the Chickasaw Cultural, Center on Saturday and really enjoyed! This time of year is a wonderful time of year to visit this area, beautiful foliage! A beautiful welcome center next door to the hotel. We had dinner at the hotel, it was on Saturday night, there was a buffet , which was great! Everyone was so nice to us,and helped make our weekend so special! AGAIN THANK YOU ARTESIAN! OUR NEW HOME AWAY FROM HOME! i ALMOST forgot to comment on the casino, because this destination is so much more than just a casino. I love the casino being on a complete separate floor, the casino was very nice, it is small , but had more than enough machines than I could play, I think this casino is just the right size for me.Easy to get around in, and the slots that were there were getting played a lot, and yes they were paying off!!! Thank you again Artesian!!! A very elegant casino!

Room Tip: I think any room is the place would be awesome!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CushmanNoble
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm from Dallas and one Sunday we did a little casino hopping and after seeing commercials for the hotel on TV. We did not spend the night so much of my review is based on the casino experiance only.

Location: About 30mins or less drive from Interstate 35. A little off the beaten path in the nice little town of Sulphur, Oklahoma. When we got there, I thought we would probably pass through town and see it on the other side. So I was surprised while passing through downtown to see the building right in front of me at a 4-way stop. (Across from the main entrance to the Chickasaw Recreational Area) My mom and brother were the ones who saw the commercials and they both commented that the commercials were a bit decieving in that they gave the impression that it was a large facility. But we thought "What the hey... Let's give it a shot."

Appearance: As I have since learned, the Artesian is a hotel that was completely renovated and it is a beautiful facility. It has a four story hotel, spa, shops, and the casino. The grounds were pristine and lovely. The complex overall is quite beautiful.

Casino: The casino is smaller than you would expect. About the size of any name restaurant you can think of. However, it was very nice and clean. Had not yet acquired the smokiness associated with casinos. (Which is good for me since I have bad sinus allergies) Plenty of penny slots. A handful of tables for games. An obvious plus is when you when at a casino. That seems to enhance the fun, don't you think? The staff was very friendly, well mannered, and efficient.

Hotel: As stated at the begining, we were traveling around so we did not stay. However, given the newness and the cleanliness of the facility, I would consider this place for little hide-a-way vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Craig N
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Artesian is a terrific addition to Sulphur, especially for those of us who have loved visiting the Chickasaw National Recreation Area for decades. We just spent a weekend in the Travertine Suite, which is big and lovely and comfortable; our favorite feature was the window seats overlooking the park. However, the big downfall to all the rooms is that the heat and air system is programmed for some “ideal” temperature no matter how guests attempt to set it for their own comfort. This resulted in a room too hot for us to sleep. Management is aware of the situation and reports that efforts are underway to change it. We hope that happens because we'd like to go back.

Other notes: (1) The Springs restaurant was very good when we could order from the menu (try the meatloaf!). Friday and Saturday evenings, however, a buffet is the only option, and both of them were very disappointing. (2) The window seats need a light source for anyone who wants to read there when there isn't sufficient sunlight. (3) Although we are not gamblers, we intended to spend a little time looking around the casino (and might have spent a roll of quarters each), but the smoky atmosphere immediately chased us back out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Left Choctaw and drove to the Artesian to enjoy 2 free nights and a food allowance. This new hotel based on the original is stunning at first appearance. The welcome center next door is filled with friendly and informative persons. After checking in we decided to see some of the local shops and the winery downtown. Don't expect Nieman or even Pennys. With one exception only one store acknowledged our presence. The winery was in actuality a gift shop of sorts. We went to the tasting location with our $10 to be allowed to taste. Guess what no one came to allow us to taste. (strange) Prior to this we went to breakfast and were greeted by a waitress with her glasses hanging from her mouth. After a wait of 20 minutes we were informed that we would have to change our order since they were out of the food we ordered. Long story short it was an hour before we finished breakfast.
The casino was moderate in size but contained a wide variey of machines that were fun to play. The rooms were high quality but I'm not sure that plastic glasses and paper cups are the usual for high dollar hotels. The food and coffee was of high quality. The manager and wait staff need some serious training on customer service. We may give them one more try.

Room Tip: The rooms are of high quality but the convoluted exits can be confusing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ron B
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. Design details are plentiful. Love the copper ceilings and the beautiful fresh flower arrangements throughout !
We stayed on a Friday night. Seafood buffet. The food was very good. Would have preferred a more intimate dining experience. Hospital cafeteria feel,somewhat.

The casino was small and SMOKEY!

The staff was very friendly !

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Oologahteeth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central
#12 of 23 in Ardmore
Courtyard Ardmore
Courtyard Ardmore
#10 of 23 in Ardmore

Been to The Artesian Hotel, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!