“Awful service and management doesn't care.”

Park Place Restaurant
Rossville, Georgia
“Awful service and management doesn't care.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have always lived in the area but have never eaten at this restaurant before, so my sister and I gave it a try. Our waitress (Sandra) seemed rude and put out to have to refill drinks. Our food took 20 minutes to arrive and was luke warm, the burgers were good but the onion rings had no flavor. Two other groups that came in to her section after us received their food before we did. We kept trying to get her attention but was ignored. She asked one of the other dining parties if they wanted dessert, she did not bother to ask us. One of their bus boys was cleaning off the surrounding tables when we noticed a strong odor coming from him. When I spoke to the manger (Jack) he was rude and said that the waitress was one of his worst but since we weren't planning on coming back it did not matter anyway. I would not recommend this place to any one.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Tamara R

Cloudland, GA
“Don't expect too much and you'll be happy.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is basically a Meat & 3 restaurant. If you stick with the daily specials you will be well-fed and satisfied. Veggies a little uninspiring (you can only do so much with canned/frozen veg), but if you just want a decent meal and relatively attentive service, you'll be fine. Prices okay for what it is. Easy parking.

• Visited August 2012
“They Gratuity 3 Adults & 2 Kids”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I will say first off that the chicken strips were fabulous and fresh! We have been wanting to try Park Place for a while. To see if it is good. It is so hard to fund genuine country home cooking. Upon first getting there we didn't have a table for 5. There were 2/3 dining rooms open and each had all booths with about 3 tables. We waited for about 5 minutes to be acknowledged by one of the 15 employees who kept weaving in between us. Then we were told to sit in the closed dining room. Our server was young and appeared dissatisfied with her job. We ordered an appetizer that came out literally 2 minutes before our dinner, although they were ordered 15 minutes apart. We didn't get upset, as it takes a lot to ruffle our feathers when dining out. We seen our server 4 times throughout the meal. (To take app order, to take food order, deliver the check, and one other time when another lady made her bring us a drink due to empty glasses). Once again, we never got rude or upset nor complained. However, when I reviewed our check I noticed that she added an 18% gratuity. I understand the reason for gratuity on parties to ensure proper tips but on 3 adults and 2 children whom you paid little to no attention to?! So we had to tip her $10. I asked her if they always do this and she said no but we do sometimes and you all sat down in a room where we do parties (also where we were told to sit due to no other tables) I politely told her that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard especially given the circumstances. We paid our check and left. My out of town Guests were highly unsatisfied. I have tried to contact management twice and was told the first time that he was on the phone I would have to call back and the second time he was eating I would have to call back. How INSANE is that for customer satisfaction?!?

6 Thank Love2DineOut81
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food! Treated like family!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

The food was great but what made the restaurant excellent was the service. Dana is sweeter than the tea. We will be back! Thank you Dana!

The McEntyres

1 Thank Shannon M
“Consistently good food ay a reasonable price.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I appreciate their large assortment of entrees and 20 or so sides. Best soups in the area. Chicken salad like aunt Minnies. I try to eat there every week and often more. They also cater aed an event we went to and it was the best. No short servings and friendly service.

2 Thank thisisalbert