“Too Expensive”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I frequently used to go to this Golden Corral on the weekend. We won't be doing this anymore. We went in this past Sunday and were told the price for 2 senior citizens would be almost $28.00. We live on a fixed income and that is just too much for our budget. I guess the increase is due to them serving prime rib now but we don't care about prime rib, so I guess we've made our last trip to GC. Too bad because we were pretty regular customers. I noticed their parking lot is not as full as it used to be. I guess we're not the only ones that feel this way.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I like food. I like a LOT of food. This place has a lot of food, and a nice variety, ranging from pizza to fish to steak to many veggies to well, a lot of things. I have only one quibble: literally half of the time I come here, I get food poisoning. It's a shame, because It really does taste good, and the service really is exceptional. Oh well.

1  Thank Additional
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This Golden Coral is mediocre at best. Food item options are slightly fewer than the average restaurant. I can live with that. The bathroom and overall cleanliness was also average, but I can live with that too. While eating my meal I noticed our server was busing tables in his area in between getting clean plates and refilling drinks at the drink station. This server touched the used plates and drink glasses while cleaning off a table and without washing his hands, he would refill a drink and grab a couple of lemon slices with his fingers out of the lemon bowl for a customer. I notes there were lemon tongs available for use in the bowl.......this kind of nastiness I can't live with. The server carried the drinks by the rim with the same unwashed hands. At this point I've lost my appetite, and politely declined the coffee and soda refill he offered. I intended on mentioning these shortcomings to the manager, but he didn't even look at us on the way out.....and he was the same manager that didn't make eye contact or speak to us when we paid the cashier on the way in. His body language said he couldn't care less about the patrons. We won't return to this restaurant ever. Although service was good and friendly I rated it as poor because of the blatant disregard to acceptable hygienic restaurant standards and practices.

3  Thank pasorider4
Reviewed October 14, 2012

breakfast on Sunday morning is very good. very good selection, good sausage gravy, eggs cooked to order. everything you can think of. all good ( i think biscuits are too thick, but a lot of people like them like that.) good family atmosphere. servers are very friendly and right on top of things. apparently has regular customers, greets everyone like they know them. one mother, daughter team very exceptional. apparently been there for years.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

A good selection of very good food. The tables are so close together that it is difficult for a grown man to get in and out of his seat without bumping in to the people at the next table. The aisles were very narrow and it it was an adventure trying to get to the food bar and back to your table without dropping your plate on someone elses table.