“Beds Sagging”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Oglethorpe
Grayson, Kentucky
“Beds Sagging”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

the hotel staff was nice - the room was clean - had I read reviews from previous reviewers I would not have picked this hotel. The beds sagged miserably and were unsleepable. I did complain to hotel staff who said they would "investigate" them. We should have demanded our money back, however it was late and we were tired and thought - - how bad could it be. Would NEVER recommend for anyone to stay here UNLESS they replace.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly, and the room, for the most part, was clean. The box spring had a large brown stain around the edge. The ceiling had a very large crack in it, which looks like it will soon be water damaged. The door got stuck on carpet and was hard to close.
The continental breakfast would disgrace third world continents! The orange juice was powder mix with water. Coffee tasted like coffee from Rax. Only 2 choices of cereal, cinnamon roll, and waffle iron. No donuts or bagels.
It's about 5 long miles from both 24 & 75.

• Stayed March 2013
Palatine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I chose this hotel for the trip advisor 4 rating; that it was newly renovated and that it was considered a Super 8 "Pride" motel. I was very disappointed from the moment we entered the lobby; it had a strong unpleasant cooking odor both when we checked in and upon entering for breakfast the next morning. The ice machine is located outside and was not working. The desk clerk gave us ice from a bag. For some reason we were given a handicap accessible room without requesting it. Although the bathroom was large and spacious with a walk in shower, the bathroom sink was never cleaned from the previous guest. There was soap scum and shaving residue left in the sink. I sprayed the sink with lysol and wiped it out with kleenex (eewww). We had an adjoining room with our travel companions which was very convenient, but opening the adjoining door we noticed huge cob webs on the ceiling above the door. The dead bolt lock on the room's outside door didn't function properly. None of the lamp switches worked correctly, you had to jiggle and twist to get the lamps to turn on; the shades were cracked...and this is a newly renovated motel? The same with the coffee maker; you had to push and jiggle the switch on the pot to get it to stay on during the brewing cycle; it shut off twice while I tried to make coffee in the room. And the hair dryer didn't work at all regardless of tinkering and pushing buttons. I complained in the morning at the front desk while checking out and was told I should have said something earlier and they would have given me another room. Really? How was I to know the coffee pot & hair dryer weren't working the night before? Breakfast was very limited; just the basics. We went with this Super 8 because of the 4 rating & "pride" designation when in reality it's not even close compared to some of the truly outstanding Super 8s we stayed at previously for the same price. Nor would I consider it "just off" I 75...my advice is to avoid this motel.

Room Tip: Avoid accepting the handicap room if you don't require one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GGPops
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really good for the price rate, very clean and sizable rooms. The road from 75 can be fairly busy, there are a lot of stores and restaraunts, but it still took less than 15 minutes to get to the aquarium or Ruby Falls. I would give it a 5 but did not find the desk staff to be very friendly and the matress was hard. If you want to save your traveling money for good food and gift shops stay here and have more money to spend elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Galax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I regularly stay at this hotel. I had seen the mattresses like some other had and reported. I contacted the manager about this and he explained that instead of taking the mattresses to the dump they were giving them to the Salvation Army and other charity organizations and there had been a delay in these organizations coming for them due to trucks and other problems. He also assured me and sent photos taken at the time of, later in the day, of the area of the hotel the other guest had complained about. The mattresses were gone. He also sent a photo and explanation of the damaged pillar. He pointed out that stucco is, like cement, dependent on the weather for hardening properly and the repair had been delayed due to the bad weather. He sent a photo of the repairs, partially completed. When I tried to send a quote of his explanation this website refused to allow me to quote his message. That is a shame. I don't know the guy well but the manager takes his job seriously and although the problems happened he was working to correct them when the complaining guest was present and fixed the problem shortly afterward. I'll try to post the photos he sent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
#21 of 96 in Chattanooga
Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to Super 8 FT. Oglethorpe GA/Chatt TN Area? Share your experiences!