I chose this hotel for the trip advisor 4 rating; that it was newly renovated and that it was considered a Super 8 "Pride" motel. I was very disappointed from the moment we entered the lobby; it had a strong unpleasant cooking odor both when we checked in and upon entering for breakfast the next morning. The ice machine is located outside and was not working. The desk clerk gave us ice from a bag. For some reason we were given a handicap accessible room without requesting it. Although the bathroom was large and spacious with a walk in shower, the bathroom sink was never cleaned from the previous guest. There was soap scum and shaving residue left in the sink. I sprayed the sink with lysol and wiped it out with kleenex (eewww). We had an adjoining room with our travel companions which was very convenient, but opening the adjoining door we noticed huge cob webs on the ceiling above the door. The dead bolt lock on the room's outside door didn't function properly. None of the lamp switches worked correctly, you had to jiggle and twist to get the lamps to turn on; the shades were cracked...and this is a newly renovated motel? The same with the coffee maker; you had to push and jiggle the switch on the pot to get it to stay on during the brewing cycle; it shut off twice while I tried to make coffee in the room. And the hair dryer didn't work at all regardless of tinkering and pushing buttons. I complained in the morning at the front desk while checking out and was told I should have said something earlier and they would have given me another room. Really? How was I to know the coffee pot & hair dryer weren't working the night before? Breakfast was very limited; just the basics. We went with this Super 8 because of the 4 rating & "pride" designation when in reality it's not even close compared to some of the truly outstanding Super 8s we stayed at previously for the same price. Nor would I consider it "just off" I 75...my advice is to avoid this motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Super 8 Fort Oglethorpe, GA. We are conveniently located off I-75 Exit 350 or I-24 Exit 180 b. Our hotel is located in historic Fort Oglethorpe, GA just minutes away from Chickamauga Battlefield. Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls are just minutes away as well. The hotel offers free high speed wireless internet, Superstart breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Numerous restaurants and shopping choices surround the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 FT. Oglethorpe GA/Chatt TN Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Fort Oglethorpe
- Super Eight Fort Oglethorpe
- Fort Oglethorpe Super Eight
- Fort Oglethorpe Super 8