“Crispy flour tacos are amazing”

Snapper Jack's Taco Shack
Ranked #83 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed February 27, 2013

So this place is owned by the same family that owns Yolanda's. They even have "Yolanda's" salsa. The food is always fresh and yummy but my favorite item on the menu is the crunchy flour tacos with special sauce.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Tripadvisor reviews we read assured us of a good meal, but in reality it was truly great! My wife and I had the potato, shrimp, and battered fish tacos. All were wonderful especially with crunchy flour torillas and secret sauce. The servings are generous. The salsa bar is one of the best I've seen. The staff is friendly and the tables and floors are clean. We went on a weekend slightly after noon and finding a table was very easy. I can imagine that during a school day it could get crowded with all the Ventura College kids. We weren't expecting it to be in a strip mall, yet our parking was easy. We'll be back again!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Above average traditional Mexican food but perhaps the best fish tacos I have ever had. Order them with crispy tortilla and grilled fish. Secret sauce and Yolanda's Mild salsa are also highly recommended from the salsa bar. Very reasonably priced ala carte so great for the whole family.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Excellent snapper burrito or fish tacos! The service is quick with very tasty salsa options. A great place near Ventura College to grab a bite and watch some surf on the Televisions...

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love the food! It's a great place to bring the kids. What I love is that you can get the kids menu items a-la-carte! For those of us who don't want the soda...or the kids just don't eat that much, we can get a super cheap meal for them. Yeah! Kuddos to Snapper Jack's. And yes the salsa and tacos are fabulous.