“Do not go here”
Review of Carrows Restaurant - CLOSED

Carrows Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were a group of 7 and stopped for dinner at this place. We were seated pretty quickly but after that no one came for the first 15 minutes. Then one lady came and she was not at all interested in serving us. She was VERY rude in taking drink orders. Then she came and said she was sorry she could not serve us and another guy would be serving. He did not show up at all. Then she came back and said she was sorry and that she would have to be the server. She took our orders and disappeared. Another group with just about the same number of people came after us and had their dinners come while we were still waiting. We were thinking of paying for the drinks and leaving. But then the food finally came. It was ok. I think Denney's food is better. After dinner no one was in sight for the check. I finally had to get up and go to the register and ask for the check. I will never go to this place again. I saw on yelp that another person had a similar experience at this place.

There are newer reviews for Carrows Restaurant

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Just went there today service was terrible waited 15 minutes before I got offered coffee but food was standard chain fare . Its a old building needs remodeled but its clean .pancakes are really good

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We came in, sat down, ordered our food, and waited. And waited. And waited. 45 minutes later, our mediocre food arrived. My husband's burger was cold, dry, hard, nasty disgustingness, and his fries were just as bad. He was afraid to send it back because he was afraid he would never get anything else to replace it. I ordered the chopped steak, and it was ok, was NOT hot but a weird state of lukewarm, but my baked potato was hot. The veggies were wilted, soggy, and also not hot. Our waitress was very sweet though.
During the time we waited, we had to listen to another waitress scream at the kitchen to "stop ringing the G-D bell, I know my orders are up." We had to listen to the horrible screeching of the small child seated next to us with his family.
All in all, we could not wait to get out of there. It doesn't matter how hungry we are, we will NEVER, EVER eat here or another Carrows again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Carrow's in Ventura was the worst food I have ever eaten...I would rather eat dog poop than eat there again...I ordered the "Fresh Peach Pancakes"...the peaches were not ripe, they were cold (they should have heated them, at least) and the pancakes were like cardboard.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We ended up leaving before we ate our food. I ordered a salad & my husband ordered a patty melt. An hour later they brought my husband's food (cold) & forgot mine. When they brought his back it was hot but they had just microwaved it & it was soggy, mine was still lost somewhere. We decided enough was enough & left. The waiter was very apologetic but it was a little to late.