“Love this place!”

Ventura, California
“Love this place!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We love it!
Great food, service, drinks!
The owner Juan is very nice. He remembers everyone's name. We love the tacos and cheese enchilada!

Ventura, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Excellent Mole family oriented and the folks there are really nice.

Visited April 2012
ventura, california
“BEST WAIT STAFF, FOOD, Habanera Salsa! WooT!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love this place...So glad to have been told about it two years ago...been back about a dzn. times and always greeted with the same happy smiles...be it busy or not...this place is rare. Fair prices, excellent food, exceptional service...it is getting more difficult to find a place like this in these economic times that are consistent! Keep up the good work!

• Visited April 2012
San Diego, California
“Good, but not Excellent”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Maybe my tastebuds are only craving Casa de Soria. I ate there the night before and it was the BEST Mexican meal EVER! Had I not eaten there, I might have given this place 4 stars instead of 3. I'm tainted. What can I say!

The place was cute enough... a little more rustic than expected. The service was very good; attentive and courteous.

I had a negra modelo, chips & salsa, guacamole, and one of my all-time favorite dishes, chile verde. It was so-so. Actually, I asked about it and the server said it was REALLY good. I was disappointed in it. It didn't have much flavor. I love the green tomatillo sauce, but truly I couldn't taste it. (I didn't have a cold either.) The refried beans are the real runny kind. I like a little thickness to my beans... maybe some ACTUAL beans in there.

Oh well. Only $17 for all of this food. I was full. It was okay. But I'm heading back to Casa de Soria next time I'm in Ventura.

Ciao

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Alex A
ventura, california
“Best Mexican food in V town~”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

not in thee best area of town..but the best food in town~

2 Thank Kristine E