“Give me some of that Wasabi”
Review of I Love Sushi

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love Japenese food and this place has fresh yummy sushi. The miso soup is so tasty and the combination plate is awesome as you can get a varitey of items. Very clean place and hey you won't be disapointed....enjoy!

There are newer reviews for I Love Sushi

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My first and favorite sushi place in town. Consistent quality, friendly staff, fast service—even during busy times—and an incredible team of sushi chefs. There are no bells and whistles, so if you're looking for "big city fancy rolls" and what not, you may not be satisfied, but the food is always fresh, lovingly prepared, and flavorful. Portions are not skimpy either. The boxes are large and the rolls are filling. Their miso (always important) is very very nice.

1  Thank Todd-e-bones
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Small place. Not the cleanest, but kind of typical for a lot of sushi places. I haven't been there in over a year, so may have improved, but smelled of fish+no entertainment. Service took a long time.

I like The Benihana-style place in Camarillo the best for sushi + environment/food entertainment + live entertainment on certain nights. Their shrimp is fabulous! (Sorry, I forget the name of the place, but they are right off the 101 freeway @ Carmen exit. Parking is on the frontage road between Los Posas and Carmen. Large Stucco-Spanish-style building outside. Very clean inside. Filet Mignon+coconut shrimp is the best anywhere.)
Sumo's in Ventura makes great sushi, but is lacks much atmosphere, yet fish is always fresh & well-prepared.

1  Thank Altmed
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is our favorite sushi spot in Ventura. Wether we sit at the bar or at a table (if we're with friends) the service is great. Always clean. Sushi is super fresh. From sashimi to rolls, it's all good. You really can't go wrong. We've even done take-out quite a few times. This should be your neighborhood sushi spot too! I like to go with just the hubby, but it's a great family spot too.

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Whenever my family and I go out for sushi, it's at I Love Sushi. The albacore sashimi is wonderful, with a spicy chili sauce over it. If you love rolls, this is the place to go. They have a great selection, including our favorites, the Firecracker Roll and Rainbow Roll. Even my 8-year-old son loves going there. He gets the teriyaki chicken kids' meal, which is a huge bento box for a very reasonable price. The only negative is that this place is so popular we avoid it on Friday and Saturday nights. There is usually a line out the door! But if you don't mind waiting, or can come at some other time, I highly recommend I Love Sushi.