“Good Ribeye”

Winchesters Grill & Saloon
Ranked #35 of 447 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: More than just a great steakhouse, Winchesters serves up the freshest seafood, succulent chicken, and even some exotic meats like venison, buffalo, and elk. But don’t forget about those Certified Angus Beef™ steaks. Whether it’s the massive Rib-Eye, the petite Top Sirloin, the New York or Tri-Tip they’re always thick and juicy and grilled to perfection. Lighter fare includes great burgers, salads and grilled sandwiches. Their forty draft beers along with extensive Wine and Martini lists will round out a truly memorable meal. Two heated patios and ample parking available.
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Winchesters is located right on the main drag. Has indoor and outdoor dining and a large bar. An extra extra plus is the chocolate store is right across the the street it has fabulous home made chocolates. Back to Winchesters, Wife and I had the ribeye steak. It was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. My wife has celiac and our server was delightful and was very accommodating and went to extra effort to get answers to my wife's questions. The manager also came over to followup.
We plan on going back when in Ventura next year.

1  Thank Robert W

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for dinner. Great service and friendly staff. Steaks goods but not massive and burgers good too.y

JR4d, Owner at Winchesters Grill & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review of Winchesters. I'm very happy you enjoyed your visit, and I appreciate your taking the time to write about it. Hope we can look forward to seeing you in again next time you are out this way!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We find the restaurant to be a coveniently located downtown Ventura restaurant with easy parking, better than average food, a nice outdoor eating area, rustic decor.
The prices are a bit high , in our opinion, for the quality--but not terribly so.

Thank you so much for your recent review of Winchesters. I'm very happy you enjoyed your visit, and I appreciate your taking the time to write about it. Did you get the chance to meet our manage/bartender Jeremy? He too is from Chicago. Hope we can look forward to seeing you next time you're out this way!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

fantastic food and beer out door dining im ruined for burgers anywhere else these are constantly the best i have had the appetizers are great too did mention the cold beer

Hey Jim~

Just wanted to thank you for your great review, and continued patronage of Winchesters. I'm glad you enjoy our burgers (have you tried some of our newer specialty burgers like the Outlaw, or the Kerby?), and I appreciate your taking the time to write about it. Of course, we're mighty proud of our beer selection as well! jJust so you know, we are now doing a rotating tap handle where we bring in one new craft beer about every 10 days or so. You can always see whats pouring on our website or our facebook page. I hope we get the chance to see you in again soon, and thanks again!

Cheers,

Winchesters Grill & Saloon

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I would classify the food at Winchesters as just OK. The fish did not look or taste fresh. The steak did not appear to be the best cuts. Wine is a little overpriced but it was a good size pour. On the plus side, service was excellent.

Hey Mike~

I'm sorry you felt your meal was subpar on your visit to Winchesters last month. We do take great pride in the quality of our food, and try to excel in execution every time. As an example, all of our beef is either Choice or Prime, and the local seafood broker we use is down at the L.A. fresh seafood markets on a daily basis. I hope you will give us another shot on your next visit to Ventura.