“I Always Enjoy Winchester's”

Winchesters Grill & Saloon
Ranked #48 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: More than just a great steakhouse, Winchesters serves up the freshest seafood, succulent chicken, and even some exotic meats like venison, buffalo, and elk. But don’t forget about those Certified Angus Beef™ steaks. Whether it’s the massive Rib-Eye, the petite Top Sirloin, the New York or Tri-Tip they’re always thick and juicy and grilled to perfection. Lighter fare includes great burgers, salads and grilled sandwiches. Their forty draft beers along with extensive Wine and Martini lists will round out a truly memorable meal. Two heated patios and ample parking available.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've been to Winchester's several times, so in October 2013 I went back with a small group. I had the local beef hamburger and it was tasty and seemed to be fresh and light. The service was very nice and we sat outside and watched the foot traffic on Main Street. I will definitely go back to Winchester's and enjoy the food and the atmosphere. It works well for a light-romantic evening or an evening with friends.

JR4d, Owner at Winchesters Grill & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for the kind words, we're happy you enjoyed. Wishing you all the best this holiday season. Cheers!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Yam chips were very thin slices that just tasted like oil - not yams. BBQ tri tip was dripping in sauce and placed plain on a roll. Duke's sandwich was soggy from the mushrooms. Seats outside were black where people have held on to them - needs cleaning. OTHER than that, was a nice setting to watch people. Service was OK. Probably best to stay with the beer. ; )

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Not so long ago we went to a steakhouse in San Antonio. The steak was juicy and flavorful. I still crave that taste. So my hubby and I went to Winchesters in search for a good juicy flavorful steak.....Wrong.
I ordered the flat steak medium well and it had some flavor but just not as juicy. Every Chef cooks meats differently so you never know what you are going to get even if you say Medium or medium well. My hubby ordered the Chateau top sirloin. His steak was very dry and absolutely no flavor. Bummer! So our search goes on...

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location and food selection. Many different types of burgers to choose from. No wait even late on a Saturday night! Good drink selection as well. On the pricier side. Waitress only came by to take order and bring check, service could have been better.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I were in the mood for steak, but wanted that grilled flavor, but I wasn't up for grilling. We went to Winchesters in Ventura. We got there fairly early, around 5 and they had plenty of tables open. I got the Chateau Cut Top Sirloin and my wife got the Watkins Cattle Co. Flat Iron Steak. We had a couple of drinks with it. We got the steaks and they were slightly overcooked. that tends to happen on grilled steaks. Mine was still hot and juicy so it at least it was not dried out. I would recommend if you eat here, ask for medium or medium rare since they seem to cook all of them slightly over. As far as taste, it had some grill marks but was missing some of the smokey flavor. In addition I found my self adding salt and pepper as there was no other seasonings I could taste. Even on a wood grill you have to season. My wife had the same comment about her steak. So I think they need to kick them up a notch. As far as service it was pretty good. All of the hostesses were great. They also had a pretty large selection of beers with recommendations on the menu for each.