“Peking is under new management/on site owners....much improved” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #170 of 423 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
California
“Peking is under new management/on site owners....much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I dine at Peking once a week when I pass through Ventura. A new owner-operator named Margaret and her husband who have years of experience running Chinese restaurants in LA took over The Peking recently. They did a complete refurbish, including bathroom, booths and decor. Their food is of great value and quality for the price. They pretty much kept the former menu but expanded to larger portions and upgraded the quality too such as their Kung Pao Chicken and home made soups like Chicken and Corn, Won Ton. Their lunches are $5.95 with chilled salad, soup and entree and very generous portions I must say. I urge people in Ventura and those visitng to go to The Peking since it is the very best Chinese eatery in Ventura. Some weekends they do Din Sum too. I have tried ALL of the Chinese restaurants in Ventura and none come close to Peking. There are 3 to 4 other Chinese eateries un Ventura ... I will not mention names, but all are bad to fair, to put it kindly.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EarthTraveler11

Ventura County
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I ordered delivery for 14 people. The orders were all correct when delivered, the portions were more than enough, and the prices were so great (approx.$5.95 per person). We ordered the lunch specials which came with soup, steamed or fried rice, and the entree. Everyone Their customer service was really good. I would definitely order from them again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank happytravels18
Ventura, California
“Recommend it and you will NEVER be asked again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I ordered take out for 12. Other than the fortune cookies and soup there wasn't enough for 8. The salad for 12 was a little bigger than a jack-in -the box side salad. I can accept being hungry an hour later, but not having people leave the table hungry. My friend who recommended the place apologized and admitted she hadn't eaten there in years. The food quality was adequate.

Visited January 2012
Ventura, Ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

I eat here all the time.
I love the spicy orange chicken an beef with brocolii.
The owner knows me and he is very friendly!
I take my friends to lunch here all the time because it's just too good.
I highly recommend eating here when you are in the mood for good chinese food.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gamerboy89
Tokyo, Japan
“Good main dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

The main dishes are good, I usually get the shrimp w/ lobster sauce, lunch special. Have only been here for lunch. The decor leaves much to be desired, it is a little dark. Service is good though. The lunch special comes w/ choice of fried or white rice but the fried rice is not really the traditional fried rice as it doesn't come w/ anything much like peas, carrots, egg, etc... I don't think that applies to the main dish of fried rice, just the free rice that comes w/ the lunch combo. Decent basic Chinese food.

1 Thank GCake1105