“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Meridians Eatery
Ranked #36 of 423 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We create everything fresh at Meridians & we've got something for everyone: Hand-tossed Pizza, Super Subs, Sexy Salads & loads of made-to-order hot Pasta.
Redondo Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've been eating at Meridians since they opened. They have fantastic food. My favorite is a steak and avocado sandwich along with many others. The service is outstanding and I wish they would open more
restaurants.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Steadfast1

Ventura, California
“I Just Scored!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hidden in the Von's Shopping center Harbor and Seaward, this gem has the BEST wild caught salmon on a bed of greens. I couldn't make up my mind between the Greek Salad or the Salmon and the Salmon got my vote. It was still moist, tasty and the light dressing didn't drown the greens. It was a lunch feast. From the looks of the other diners they were enjoying their pizzas.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marilyn M
Moorpark, California
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very small place, the food is excellent, we've ordered pizza each time, a different flavor each time. The mediterrean pizza was absolutley delicious, you have to try it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Local805member
Hermosa Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The 2 sandwiches I had were excellent and the staff very friendly! The service was great, my food was ready quickly. I will be going back soon to try the pizzas which I heard from another customer are delicious.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jason B
“Don't eat here if you are in a hurry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

First, the positive. Meridians Eatery does serve very good food. Everything our party of 6 ordered was delicious and enjoyed. Here is the HUGE negative. We arrived with 6 people, got in line to order (you place your order at the counter and it is delivered to you) and each couple paid for their own meals. We didn't think that would be an issue but it became one. The first couple received their food right away and the server said the other food would be out shortly. After about a 20 minute wait and still no food, I started to inquire. The server said it was coming up. People kept coming in to pick up take out and their food was ready for them. Still another 10 minutes and no food. Finally it arrived...all except one lasagna order. By the time the rest of the group had finished their meal, the guy with the lasagna order still didn't have his food! At this time I asked to speak with a manager . The guy told me that this was not a full service restaurant and because we did not pay all on one ticket we wouldn't necessarily get all our food at one time. He told me this is the kind of place it is and that is how they do things. He said it was only 40 minutes from the time we ordered until the time we got our food and that wasn't so bad. REALLY!!?? Oh, and had it been a full service restaurant and we were 12 people coming in then of course he would have gotten all our meals out together. When I reminded him that we were only 6 people he again basically said that this is just the way it is. He did refund the price of the lasagna which the guy got about an hour after he ordered it and had watched all of the rest of us eat in shifts. The server kept apologizing and when asked for the name of the guy I talked to, told me it was the owner! Wow! With the that kind of service philosophy, I don't care how good the food is, this is not some place that I could recommend!! I found this place through Trip Advisor and they have a Trip Advisor sticker on their window but Trip Advisor members/watchers...I would recommend finding a place that actually cared about their customers.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gregory C, Guest Relations Manager at Meridians Eatery, responded to this review, July 14, 2016
It is our mission to give prompt and courteous service. At Meridians customers order at the counter and when the food is ready we bring it to the table or call your name for take out. Our server made sure that salads and breads were on the table, along with meals for all 3 groups. Though we realize that waiting over 30 minutes for a main dish is not acceptable. Apologies from staff and a refund were given.