“Stuffed Marlins on the walls and a bar mirror to suprise you!”
Review of Sportsman Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Sportsman Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Yes,, this place is ambiance for the people who like a good drink with their steak and potatoe. A good pour and a petiet filet and onion soup and yes... baseball on tv. My idea of a good relaxing meal.

1  Thank LouiseNebraska

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had fond memories of this restaurant... I always loved the quiet dining room and great drinks.
Was disappointed tonight... The drinks were good; but, when I asked for "top shelf" of my favorite drink... After the waitress took the order to the bartender, she came back to tell me that my order would be "very expensive"; but couldn't tell me how much it would be; so, I ordered using well. The drink was small compared to other bars in the area for the same drink.
The food was not what I remembered of this place. The tomatoes in my salad had large black spots on them and there was some type of grit in the lettuce.
I ordered steak and lobster as my entree... The lobster was horrid! Texture was fine, it was well cooked; but, it had a fishy taste, not the usual sweet taste of lobster. The steak was bland, until I added salt at the table.
I don't think that I will go back anytime soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This relic from the 1940's has the etched glass behing the bar to prove it! It is a great locals watering hole where drinks are inexpensive and has very good american fare.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went in here on the advice of a local cabby. Bad choice. While they may be known for their steaks and seafood - we just wanted lighter fare.The appetizers were sub par and the drinks were the worst - I had the worst Dirty Martini I have ever had in my life - terrible.

The good? Wait staff were prompt and pleasant and we enjoyed the decor. Despite the good we will not likely return.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Walked down the st from our hotel for some potato skins and a bite to eat. The skins were not very good at all not like any others I had ever eaten dry with little flavour. We ordered chicken cordon bleu the waitress said it was very good and were going to split, she asked if we wanted 2 seperate plates and we told her no. The chicken deep fried YUK green beans tasted as though they came out of a can, on top of that she had charged us an extra $3 to split the plate... I for one would not go back and would spend my $$ else where.

1  Thank meeshb