“Experience the 1940s!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This relic from the 1940's has the etched glass behing the bar to prove it! It is a great locals watering hole where drinks are inexpensive and has very good american fare.

There are newer reviews for Sportsman Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went in here on the advice of a local cabby. Bad choice. While they may be known for their steaks and seafood - we just wanted lighter fare.The appetizers were sub par and the drinks were the worst - I had the worst Dirty Martini I have ever had in my life - terrible.

The good? Wait staff were prompt and pleasant and we enjoyed the decor. Despite the good we will not likely return.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Walked down the st from our hotel for some potato skins and a bite to eat. The skins were not very good at all not like any others I had ever eaten dry with little flavour. We ordered chicken cordon bleu the waitress said it was very good and were going to split, she asked if we wanted 2 seperate plates and we told her no. The chicken deep fried YUK green beans tasted as though they came out of a can, on top of that she had charged us an extra $3 to split the plate... I for one would not go back and would spend my $$ else where.

1  Thank meeshb
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Food was tasty for a bit of a dive. If I stayed across the street again I would walk over there. I would not make a special trip.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This place looks like it hasn't changed in 50 years, and I mean that affectionately. The menu is classic americana (chicken fried steak, etc.), with a few tasty updates like seared ahi. The waitresses are very fun and work hard, the atmosphere makes you feel like you stepped into a Frank Sinatra movie. It is popular with locals. I'm not a meat eater, but find enough to make me happy, and my meat eater friends like the offerings.